Game Day Parking

There are a couple of ramps available on the West bank, but no lots for tailgating. If you want to tailgate, you need this new option, or go to st. paul.

correct. basically think of it like this: parking ramps = no tailgating; parking lots = tailgating

I just talked to a woman at the Mpls Parks office 612-230-6400 who confirmed that the East River Flats parking includes 70 paved spots + the grass area to accommodate an estimated 500 parking spaces.

This new lot gives me an idea. I have a season pass for the Oak Street ramp. I figured I'd only be tailgating for a couple games this year and I didn't want to pay those $1500 prices just to do it twice. So, with this new lot, I could go early... tailgate, then pull up camp and park in the Oak Street ramp for the game (avoiding the long walk). Win/win.

I just talked to a woman at the Mpls Parks office 612-230-6400 who confirmed that the East River Flats parking includes 70 paved spots + the grass area to accommodate an estimated 500 parking spaces.

This information is not correct. There will not be parking allowed on the grass, only tailgating. The lot size is 75 spaces. Spread the word.

Wiscy game

I split tickets with a few other groups. My first game is the Wiscy game. Please post your suggestions for parking, partying, etc..

By the way, the parking ramps on West Bank are open for everyone right now. There's hardly any cars here but I just parked over on West Bank ramp. 10 bucks.

112 steps up the stairs (trust me, I've counted them numerous times making the trek) to the back side of Coffman Union. Take the escaltor up to the second floor and walk right out to the shuttle on the north side.

That is a lot of steps, but about 12.5, or more, calories could be burned by walking them (approx. 1 kcal/9 steps for a 150 pound person). Go Gophers!

Top Bottom