Game Attendance next Season

upnorthkid

Reaction score
So this is just my way of putting some feelers out there to gauge people's opinions on what game would be the best to attend next year. I attended the Cuse game last year and loved every minute of it (as I'm sure many of us did) as well as the Neb game. I'd love to go to every game, but being that I will still be a poor student with a very busy schedule (like very very busy), I'm only going to be able to get to 1, maybe 2 games. I was wondering what everyone's opinion on games to attend. I'm thinking Iowa if I can only make it to one, but a road trip would be fun as well.

If you can too, if you pick a road game and know some of the hot spots to hit, that'd be awesome to include as well. I think I've got most of the home ones down but if you've got something unique throw that in too. Thanks everyone!!!

If the Gophers go (4-0) non-conference...which they should...that Iowa game for the pig should be an exciting one! Get the those tickets!

If the Gophers go (4-0) non-conference...which they should...that Iowa game for the pig should be an exciting one! Get the those tickets!

Thanks Parski for the reply. I'm thinking this is what I'll do but at the same time its going to depend on my exam schedule for medical school in the fall. that's why i was wondering on people's opinions for other games. It'll also be interesting if they announce any night games and which those will be (perhaps they already announced this and i just missed it.)

Iowa will be the best game of the year I think. If you want it to be a big ten game then Wisconsin has to be #2. Otherwise, you can't really go wrong with the season opener against UNLV under the lights or if you're looking for a good game, San Jose State should be a close one.

The Axe and the Pig would be signature for the program. I like our chances in both games. I think with the coaching turnover at Becky and new systems being put in they will be a mess and won't get over 6 wins.

Iowa's "THE" game for me. The schedule's a bit quirky this year. After Iowa, they go to Michigan, have an off week, go to NW and don't play again at TCF until the last week in October. That's a month between home games.

Reasons why to go to each game:
UNLV - The opponent may not excite, but it's a night game in late August so the pre game won't be rushed and most likely unmarred by inclement weather. Everyone's optimistic for the home opener.
Western Illinois - The Leathernecks are terrible but everyone's favorite UMD coach is head coach there now. If you want see touchdowns this is your game.
SJSU - They were a top 25 team last year and return a fair number of starters. At bare minimum the game should be competitive despite them having a new coach.
Iowa - If we're 4-0 this should be a near sell out. The atmosphere is always good for this game.
Nebraska - If we can somehow manage to be 5-2 or 6-1 this game will be well attended. If we start out 0-3 in the B1G then this game won't be very appealing to the average gopher fan. Still the weather shouldn't be a deterrent. Could be a night game too if we're doing well.
Penn St. - It's a chance to see a big name coach coach in BOB. We probably aren't going to see PSU all that often in the future so get your fix.
Wisconsin - It's our biggest rival.

If I could only go to one game it would be Iowa. They've never won in the Bank and the combination of rivalry, early fall weather and early season optimism should equal a good game and atmosphere.

Reasons why to go to each game:

Iowa - If we're 4-0 this should be a near sell out. The atmosphere is always good for this game.

Wisconsin - It's our biggest rival.

If I could only go to one game it would be Iowa. They've never won in the Bank and the combination of rivalry, early fall weather and early season optimism should equal a good game and atmosphere.

I know this is a little off-topic, but if the Gophs are 4-0 and can't sell out the Hawkeye game, then that would be a VERY sorry statement about the Gopher fan base. If this program is ever going to take a real step forward, then
a rivalry game like Iowa should be an automatic sell-out in a 50,000 seat stadium, and in a perfect world there would be no tix available for any Hawkeye fans.

Well, in a perfect world there wouldn't be Hawkeye fans...

I know this is a little off-topic, but if the Gophs are 4-0 and can't sell out the Hawkeye game, then that would be a VERY sorry statement about the Gopher fan base. If this program is ever going to take a real step forward, then
a rivalry game like Iowa should be an automatic sell-out in a 50,000 seat stadium, and in a perfect world there would be no tix available for any Hawkeye fans.

Big agreement there, ornery one. If I was the Gopher Ticket Office, I would burn tickets to Iowa fans instead of picking up a few extra bucks with the ticket sales.

s.o.n.: What if?

Suppose iowa fans buy their 3,000 tickets. Suppose that 39,000 Gopher Fans (season ticket holders & casual Minnesota fans,) all show up. That would leave about 8,000 student tickets to go on sale. (I think they cut back the students from something like 10,000 when the stadium first opened to about 8,000. Does anyone know how many student tickets there will be for the 2013 season? So, if there were 42,000 public/seasaon tickets sold, IF 4,000 Students bought tickets for the iowa game,(which would be a pretty good sale of student tickets for the U)

that would leave roughly 4,000 student tickets that were unused. Would they have a cut-off time for students to buy tickets and then announce a first come...first served sale on not used student tickets through the ticket office to sell them at regular ticket prices? Or, would they just "eat" the unsold tickets and have a packed stadium with the exception of a large absence of fans in the bowl end of the stadium?

IF they had 24 hours to sell tickets through the ticket office, do you think they could sell 4,000 tickets to actual Minnesota Fans? Or, could there be a potential block of iowa fans in the midst our the Gopher Student Section? IF they sold walk-ups on Game Day, it's likely some iowa fans would slip in to the bowl end. It would make it so much better if the Ticket Office could sell out the student section tickets to U of M students, wouldn't it? It sure would be fun to see a Minnesota/iowa gamein which there weren't more than 10% iowa fans in the house...

; 0 )

s.o.n.: What if?

Suppose iowa fans buy their 3,000 tickets. Suppose that 39,000 Gopher Fans (season ticket holders & casual Minnesota fans,) all show up. That would leave about 8,000 student tickets to go on sale. (I think they cut back the students from something like 10,000 when the stadium first opened to about 8,000. Does anyone know how many student tickets there will be for the 2013 season? So, if there were 42,000 public/seasaon tickets sold, IF 4,000 Students bought tickets for the iowa game,(which would be a pretty good sale of student tickets for the U)

that would leave roughly 4,000 student tickets that were unused. Would they have a cut-off time for students to buy tickets and then announce a first come...first served sale on not used student tickets through the ticket office to sell them at regular ticket prices? Or, would they just "eat" the unsold tickets and have a packed stadium with the exception of a large absence of fans in the bowl end of the stadium?

IF they had 24 hours to sell tickets through the ticket office, do you think they could sell 4,000 tickets to actual Minnesota Fans? Or, could there be a potential block of iowa fans in the midst our the Gopher Student Section? IF they sold walk-ups on Game Day, it's likely some iowa fans would slip in to the bowl end. It would make it so much better if the Ticket Office could sell out the student section tickets to U of M students, wouldn't it? It sure would be fun to see a Minnesota/iowa gamein which there weren't more than 10% iowa fans in the house...

; 0 )

Sometimes when you and your friends are big enough, you don't stand for large blocks if assholes/ opposing fan in the student section. I hope today's students accept the same challenge. I doubt it as I went to games in the dome late 90s early 2000s, did Grad school starting 2009 and didn't witness students protecting our house.

Top Bottom