Gambling Corner, Week 4

upnorthkid

Reaction score
Up and down last week for me ended up even on units (gophers L hurt)
South Carolina vs Georgia over 54.5, 1U; L
Duke -18.5 vs NW, 1U; W
UTSA -8.5 vs Army; scratch with Harris ruled out
BYU-Arkansas over 47.5, 1U; W
Syracuse -2.5 @ Purdue AND over 57.5, 3U; 1W, 1L
Gopher bet: I'll take MN +8 (3U) L
Props: took Taylor rushing over 70 and Mellusi over 60 both for 1U
Overall 5-3, even on units; brings us to 15-8, still up 15U.

This week (lots of picks on the slate)
FSU -1.5 @ Clemson; 3U; they're the better team with the better QB, receivers, and defense. You get the bonus of the aberration against BC (emotional game for them) and Clemson housing a couple teams so we forget Duke's beatdown
Ole Miss +7 @ Bama, 2U; No QB for Bama. Rebs get it done.
Ark-LSU over 55.5; 2U 2 good QBs and a porous Ark defense
OSU-ND over 54; 2U ND can score and I think OSU is finding their stride
IA PSU under 42, 1U; both defenses are lights out and I honestly don't know if IA scores on offense so I'd expect PSU to go ultra conservative/lean on the ground game.
UNC -6.5 @ Pitt, 1U; Maye gets it done
WI Purdue over 54.5, 2U; think this one gets up and down a bit
MD -6 @ Mich St, 1U; Mich St looks like a mess now
BYU Kansas over 55.5, 2U; both offenses can score
TT -4.5 @ WVU, 1U; remember when they were everyone's sexy pick to be really good? well they're still good enough to beat the Mountaineers
Tenn -20 and over 56 vs UTSA, 1U parlay; feels like a get right game for Tenn and think they score a lot of points in this one
MN -11 @NW, 1U; we're better than we showed last week.

The Oregon Colorado line is interesting with Or by 21 and the O/U at 72.5; I'd lean towards just taking the over as I think CO can still score some, but the idea of OR trying to roll more ball control than usual worries me.

Last edited:

Up and down last week for me ended up even on units (gophers L hurt)
South Carolina vs Georgia over 54.5, 1U; L
Duke -18.5 vs NW, 1U; W
UTSA -8.5 vs Army; scratch with Harris ruled out
BYU-Arkansas over 47.5, 1U; W
Syracuse -2.5 @ Purdue AND over 57.5, 3U; 1W, 1L
Gopher bet: I'll take MN +8 (3U) L
Props: took Taylor rushing over 70 and Mellusi over 60 both for 1U
Overall 5-3, even on units; brings us to 15-8, still up 15U.

This week (lots of picks on the slate)
FSU -1.5 @ Clemson; 3U; they're the better team with the better QB, receivers, and defense. You get the bonus of the aberration against BC (emotional game for them) and Clemson housing a couple teams so we forget Duke's beatdown
Ole Miss +7 @ Bama, 2U; No QB for Bama. Rebs get it done.
Ark-LSU over 55.5; 2U 2 good QBs and a porous Ark defense
OSU-ND over 54; 2U ND can score and I think OSU is finding their stride
IA PSU under 42, 1U; both defenses are lights out and I honestly don't know if IA scores on offense so I'd expect PSU to go ultra conservative/lean on the ground game.
UNC -6.5 @ Pitt, 1U; Maye gets it done
WI Purdue over 54.5, 2U; think this one gets up and down a bit
MD -6 @ Mich St, 1U; Mich St looks like a mess now
BYU Kansas over 55.5, 2U; both offenses can score
TT -4.5 @ WVU, 1U; remember when they were everyone's sexy pick to be really good? well they're still good enough to beat the Mountaineers
Tenn -20 and over 56 vs UTSA, 1U parlay; feels like a get right game for Tenn and think they score a lot of points in this one
MN -11 @NW, 1U; we're better than we showed last week.

The Oregon Colorado line is interesting with Or by 21 and the O/U at 72.5; I'd lean towards just taking the over as I think CO can still score some, but the idea of OR trying to roll more ball control than usual worries me.
Glad I got on some things early this week and waited on others. MN line has come down (still think we cover comfortably). Tenn line and o/u has exploded as has OSU-ND o/u. Got a nice win last night to start off the weekend. Best of luck y’all

I can't figure out 2 lines ....

Colorado v Oregon

And

Penn St v iowa

Completely torn.

No bets for me last weekend as I was in NC where it's illegal. +5U for me in week 2 and +6 for the season. This week I'm going 1U on each of the following:

RU +24 @ Michigan (I've been impressed by RU so far and they've played Mich tough recently)
LaTech/Neb UNDER 46.5 (Not sure LT even scores until garbage time)
UNC M/L over Pitt (I parlayed this with LaTech/Mich for extra juice...but I think UNC covers 7 easily)
MN -12 @ NW (I think this is an easy cover honestly...but a fan shouldn't bet their team heavily lol)
Darius Taylor over 98.5 rushing yards (MN should rush for 200+ and he'll have over half of that)
UNLV -2.5 @ UTEP (This spread is down to -1 now which is shocking to me. I still feel good about it)
Maryland -6.5 @ MSU (Seems like easy money, but Washington might be really, really good)

Up 4.5 units on the year. Last week broke even.

Two units each on
UMASS -2.5
MN -11

Adding Ohio State -3 for 1 unit
Liberty -10 for 1 unit
Iowa +14 for 1 unit

Last edited:

Man, I had Clemson AND App State today. Both should have won as dogs. Worst part was I could have hedged out of both with money.

Need NMSU +3 to come through tonight to not go 0-3.

Down to 1-2 on the season (had FIU last week)

Man, I had Clemson AND App State today. Both should have won as dogs. Worst part was I could have hedged out of both with money.

Need NMSU +3 to come through tonight to not go 0-3.

Down to 1-2 on the season (had FIU last week)
Same boat last weekend on both Clemson and App State, both those dogs choked away upsets. BYU pooped to bed against Kansas for an 0-3 Saturday betting all plausible dogs.

Top Bottom