G7 Summit at Trump's Miami Property

bga1

Yes. Yes it is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
By that standard you just emptied the halls of Congress- Will all the people who were not rich before being elected and who are now rich since gaining office please step forward for your impeachment ceremony please? Unfortunately you still were unable to touch the bad orangeman, who sadly......... was already rich.

Cruze

The Trumpster gets away with stuff that would get every member of Congress and federal employee permanently removed from their job.

Donald Trump: xenophobe in public, international mobster in private

The most xenophobic and isolationist American president in modern history has been selling America to foreign powers for his own personal benefit. Trump withdrew American troops from the Syrian-Turkish border, leaving our Kurdish allies to be slaughtered and opening the way for a resurgent Islamic State. Trump’s rationale? He promised to bring our soldiers home.

There could be another reason. Trump never divested from his real estate business, and the Trump Towers Istanbul is the Trump Organization’s first and only office and residential building in Europe. Businesses linked to the Turkish government are also major patrons of the Trump Organization. Which may be why Trump has repeatedly sided with the Turkish strongman Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who has been intent on eliminating the Kurds.

Meanwhile, even as Trump spews conspiracy theories about the Biden family, his own children are openly profiting from foreign deals. Eric and Don Jr have projects in the works in Ireland, India, Indonesia, Uruguay, Turkey and the Philippines.

Trump is pocketing money from foreign governments eager to curry favor by staying at his hotels. The practice has become so routine that during Trump’s 25 July phone call, the Ukrainian president assured him that the “last time I traveled to the United States, I stayed in New York near Central Park and I stayed at the Trump Tower”.

According to a former Trump Organization official, foreign governments spent more than a million dollars at Trump businesses in 2018, mostly at the Trump International hotel in Washington. Trump will make even more money if he carries out his plan to host next year’s G7 meeting at his Doral golf resort, in Florida.

All of this is precisely what the founding fathers sought to prevent. When they gathered in Philadelphia 232 years ago to write a constitution, a major goal was to protect the new nation from what Alexander Hamilton called the “desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils”. To ensure no president would “betray his trust to foreign powers”, as James Madison put it, they included an emoluments clause – barring a president from accepting foreign payments.

They also gave Congress the right to impeach a president for “treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors”. During the Virginia ratifying convention, Edmund Randolph confirmed that a president “may be impeached” if discovered “receiving [help] from foreign powers”. You don’t have to be an originalist to see the dangers to democracy when a president seeks or receives personal favors from foreign governments. There is no limit to how far a foreign power might go to help a president enlarge his political power and wealth, in exchange for selling out America.

Donald Trump is a xenophobe in public and international mobster in private. He has brazenly sought private gain from foreign governments at the expense of the American people.
This is shameful and criminal. At the very least, it is impeachable.

Read complete article at: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/13/donald-trump-ukraine-turkey-impeachment

Last edited:

GopherJake

Rosoff is a little weak on business understanding. How about overhead? Mar a Lago is an extremely high end property with a ton of overhead. This is the kind of thinking you get when you have TDS. Retweeting that tripe is yet another of a million signs that you are afflicted with a bad case of it.
You are trying to flex your business muscles by re-defining “at cost” to include overhead?

jamiche

It's not obviously cheaper. That's the point. Just because howie said it on GH doesn't make it a fact.

Meanwhile, you continue to avoid the question: If by holding the G7 at Doral, it saves the taxpayers money, is that still corruption?
That's a curious statement, craig. Hundreds of times on this board you have started a sentence with the words "Everybody knows" and gone on to state something as if it was factual when it was either just your opinion or something you made up. You and Humiliated Beggar lead this board in irony.

justthefacts

Rosoff is a little weak on business understanding. How about overhead? Mar a Lago is an extremely high end property with a ton of overhead. This is the kind of thinking you get when you have TDS. Retweeting that tripe is yet another of a million signs that you are afflicted with a bad case of it.
He added 50% to the cost. And a bottle of Woodford isn't actually $55, it's $24 retail at Total Wine. Members also pay $200k per year as a membership fee, which covers a lot of overhead. You can't honestly think that it's costs Mar-a-Lago $18 per drink.

Also

Last edited:

howeda7

Mar-a-lago is a bed bug infested money loser . They can't add "overhead" and say they're selling rooms at cost. Doesn't work like that. Either you're selling them at cost or you're not. It should never have been in consideration. If any other government employee awarded themselves a contract like this, they'd be fired and subject to prosecution.

howeda7

That's a curious statement, craig. Hundreds of times on this board you have started a sentence with the words "Everybody knows" and gone on to state something as if it was factual when it was either just your opinion or something you made up. You and Humiliated Beggar lead this board in irony.
It's the equivalent of saying it will be cheaper if you sleep in your own house tonight than if you go to a hotel. It's not a huge reach. I suppose it's possible you could find a dump that costs less than your electric/water bill but it's not likely. Than again, Doral is a bed bug infested dump, so maybe it is cheaper...

jamiche

God-King backed down
He's playing to an audience of twenty senators now. (Actually, probably just McConnell.) I still can't imagine the repubs would do the right thing for the country and remove him. The only way I could see it happening is if McConnell fears for his own reelection and makes the calculation that the only way the repubs can hold the senate is if they remove Trump.

MnplsGopher

He's playing to an audience of twenty senators now. (Actually, probably just McConnell.) I still can't imagine the repubs would do the right thing for the country and remove him. The only way I could see it happening is if McConnell fears for his own reelection and makes the calculation that the only way the repubs can hold the senate is if they remove Trump.
Works for me

If enough people get pissed at him ... better stated, if enough of the *right* people get pissed at him ..... they will suddenly, without warning, stand up and exit the room on him.

KillerGopherFan

I saw no Republican support about the Doral selection. There was certainly some laughing at Dems for wetting themselves while Trump pushed their buttons. Hahahaha

Latest profile posts