Future Minnesota receiver has monster performance in Texas State Championship Game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Mark:
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?ur...+performance+in+Texas+State+Championship+Game

When PJ Fleck isn’t reading his team children’s books about bodily functions he has proven himself to be a consistent, capable recruiter of quality high-school athletes, and this has been by far the biggest difference between Fleck and every Gopher’s coach before him dating all the way back to the 1960s.

Yesterday a Minnesota wide-receiving recruit out of Texas had a super day during a losing effort in the Texas High School State Championship game. Brady Boyd, a three-star pass catcher out of traditional powerhouse Southlake Carroll, caught 12 balls for 189 yards and two touchdowns over the course of a blowout, 52-34, loss to Austin Westlake. Boyd’s quarterback, coincidentally, is a five-star 2022 Ohio State commit called Quinn Ewers.

Go Gophers!!

Nice adjustment to what is a floaty / perhaps off target pass.

impressive and playing at highest level of hs football...like that he is early enroll

Fleck has the energy twitch of trucker "Tip Tucker" (Matthew McConaughey) in the movie, "Larger Than Life".

This guy recruits in his sleep!

He looks like he'll push for playing time right away. I'm guessing Southlake runs a college level offense and his transition to the Gophers will be smooth

He's racking those stats up against the highest level of high school competition. Oh and he ran a laser verified 4.44 forty yard dash!

Why is he not a 4 star????? I mean that as an exclamation and a legitimate question.

Last edited:

I'll tell you this, Brady Boyd is criminally underrated by the recruiting services, and I know a lot of very plugged in writers who agree and are on record saying so. He'll definitely get a rankings bump in the next update, but it'll still be too low. Think of him as a 250-350ish, low 4-star type guy who can most certainly out-perform that status in college.

Really liked Boyd's film when I watched it. Kid strikes me as a "player"; excellent route runner, very good hands and above average speed. Really liked what I saw. He could be a real "steal" in this class.

Really liked Boyd's film when I watched it. Kid strikes me as a "player"; excellent route runner, very good hands and above average speed. Really liked what I saw. He could be a real "steal" in this class.
If his 4.44 40 is legit, that's more than above average for a high school player.

I have had several relatives graduate from Southlake Carroll HS. Its a first rate program with many state championships in several sports. Southlake is an affluent community and the school has premiere athletic facilities and great coaching.

I'll tell you this, Brady Boyd is criminally underrated by the recruiting services, and I know a lot of very plugged in writers who agree and are on record saying so. He'll definitely get a rankings bump in the next update, but it'll still be too low. Think of him as a 250-350ish, low 4-star type guy who can most certainly out-perform that status in college.

Doesn't really matter now that he is signed but suppose a late ratings bump makes the class look better. He certainly seems like someone that could be a surprise impact player in this class.

Top Bottom