Future Game Times vs. Wisconsin....

Gopherdrummer

Reaction score
Now that both teams play outside full time, is there anyway we can petition to have the game against Wisconsin pushed to the last home game for either team?

It always seems like that game (in addition to the game against Iowa) is required to have a high chance of snow. And if it isn't snowing, they should bring in snow machines and put it on the field! Watching the Gophers play the Badgers in a blizzard would just be amazing.

Heck, put it in December. If either/both teams are bowl eligible then they need the practice!

IIRC Wisconsin used the be the last game of the season before they were replaced with Iowa. This was up until '82 I believe.

IIRC Wisconsin used the be the last game of the season before they were replaced with Iowa. This was up until '82 I believe.

Where would you guys want Iowa on the schedule? I know many Iowa fans would rather play Iowa State at the end of the season similar to how you guys want Wisconsin for the last game.

Now that both teams play outside full time, is there anyway we can petition to have the game against Wisconsin pushed to the last home game for either team?

It always seems like that game (in addition to the game against Iowa) is required to have a high chance of snow. And if it isn't snowing, they should bring in snow machines and put it on the field! Watching the Gophers play the Badgers in a blizzard would just be amazing.

Heck, put it in December. If either/both teams are bowl eligible then they need the practice!

Football is a fall sport not a winter.

Where would you guys want Iowa on the schedule? I know many Iowa fans would rather play Iowa State at the end of the season similar to how you guys want Wisconsin for the last game.

Big 10 opener. Ferentz teams suck early and play great late.

Sorry, Iowa has to be the last team on our schedule. That way we have 8 months to disinfect our stadium's restrooms before people need to use them again.

How does playing at TCF Stadium change anything? The last home game is mid November which wouldn't conflict with any World Series games.

Big 10 opener. Ferentz teams suck early and play great late.

As much as I would love to argue this point, I cannot. Ferentz is 5-6 against Iowa State and we always play them early in the season. I am completely convinced if Iowa played Iowa State at the end of the season Iowa would win nearly everytime. Brewster's teams have not been impressive early in the season either, not by win-loss record, but by performance on the field.

Sorry, Iowa has to be the last team on our schedule. That way we have 8 months to disinfect our stadium's restrooms before people need to use them again.

You are only the 1000th person to make that joke over the last year on this board:p

Is it true that Minnesota and Iowa will be playing after Thanksgiving day this year?

Top Bottom