Fuller's Take

He's right

not necessarily that Seantrell is going to JC, but that $ean is an absolute joke.

John Plum just ripped that whole recruiting process pretty hard lol. I do have a bad feeling this is gonna be ugly. I just hope his dad hasn't completely jacked this kid's future up.

It seems pretty cynical that they use Scout's recruiting rankings to claim the Gophers class is 9th in the Big Ten. Everyone who even casually follows recruiting services knows Scout is a joke and Rivals and other services are a much better barometer of recruiting performance. There's no way you can look at the Gophers class from top to bottom and claim it is 9th in the Big Ten.

It seems pretty cynical that they use Scout's recruiting rankings to claim the Gophers class is 9th in the Big Ten. Everyone who even casually follows recruiting services knows Scout is a joke and Rivals and other services are a much better barometer of recruiting performance. There's no way you can look at the Gophers class from top to bottom and claim it is 9th in the Big Ten.

They didn't. They claim it is 11th.

This was a solid but not spectacular class. It could have been better had a couple kids picked the gophers in the end. There are lot of things to like about this class. We got stop gap solutions at TE and DB, lots of linemen, three good backs and Marquis Hill who I think will be the jewel of this class.

What I find most amusing is how those critical of Brewster cherry pick their facts. Even if we're 9th, very little separates us from 4 - 8. Had James Louis signed with us, they'd be hammering on the meaninglessness of recruiting rankings. The storyline would be "it's all speculation" and "lets see where they are in 3 or 4 years." Recruiting is very important, but that doesn't mean it's everything. I think everyone would agree that what the coaches do with these guys once there here is more significant. However, we need to get those guys here first. Recruiting isn't just convincing kids to come here, it's assessing needs, scouting and determining if a kid will fit in. I think Brewster does a good job of scouting and zeroing in on kids who not only fit in, but are willing to come here. Seantrel's recruitment was over the top and it was pretty obvious a losing battle for us. Brewster had to pull out all the stops, because if he didn't he'd get ripped on for not trying hard enough. I think it's ironic after all the hype that he will mostly be off to a JC. Going that route would be a huge let down to an 18 year old. Hopefully Seantrel qualifies. He'll find there's less 'love' for JC players.

Remember Scout is the one who graded us without having watched film on many of our recruits and has admitted to getting info directly from the Rivals site.

I think the classes for the lower half of the Big 10 are tightly packed this year. The difference between 5th and 11th doesn't seem to appreciable. Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan seemed to have made the most noise, but after that, a highly-ranked recruit here or there seems to have either launched or dropped a team in the rankings. If we had kept Green, Hawkins and Huff, our ranking would have climbed a bit, but it wouldn't--at least in my eyes--have made our class a juggernaut.

I'm satisfied with our class as I'm sure the fans of other Big 10 team are satisfied with there's. Could have been better, but I suppose I could have won the lottery last Saturday night.

2010 should be a good measuring stick for talent and coaching to determine who is doing the heavy lifting.

Top Bottom