FSN Position Preview: Gophers looking at Philip Nelson to stabilize QB position

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

Coach Jerry Kill says: "When you go in as a quarterback, he finished the season. He played in the bowl game, did some great things in the bowl game. Philip's going to go and we run the first group, he'll be out there with the first group, but he's going to have to prove it on an every day basis, just like every other player we have on the team.

"And we got two young guys I'm sure that are hungry and wanting to show what they can do, and we're excited about that, and we'll see how all that works out. But it's just like anything. You're going to have a guy that starts and somebody's gotta take the job. And that competition is good."

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/colle...lip-Nelson-to-stab?blockID=922175&feedID=3590

Go Gophers!!

I'm a big fan of Kill's and think he is doing a great job of (hopefully) rebuilding the program, but man when he is quoted verbatim it is tough to read...

Anyway, appreciate the article Bleed!!

I'm a big fan of Kill's and think he is doing a great job of (hopefully) rebuilding the program, but man when he is quoted verbatim it is tough to read...

Anyway, appreciate the article Bleed!!

That's not Jerry's fault! It happens to people who talk to Sid too often. There is no know cure other than complete isolation from Sid.

Top Bottom