FSN: Kill prepared to coach in the Big Ten (Q&A)

"We can’t forget though that the game is about the kids, not about the coaches or the other stuff. "

That last quote from the interview is the comment that, to me, is the most important for all of us to think about.

I hope if things work out that he doesn't leave. A guy whose had five head coaching jobs before fifty can't be assumed to be a safe bet to stay. This would be a good problem to have I suppose.

A guy whose had five head coaching jobs before fifty can't be assumed to be a safe bet to stay.

That's silly. Every single one of his jobs was a promotion. 99.9% of people living in any profession, and especially coaching, would've done the same.

The reason you don't find many guys with five head coaching jobs before age 50 is that nearly every coach was a high-level player and started a ways up the totem pole because of his connections. They can get a position coach/coordinator job fairly young and work up from there. Jerry Kill made himself from nothing. He took head coaching jobs because that's what he had to do to move up. It's not like we're talking about Bobby Petrino or Larry Brown here.

I'm starting to not like coach Kill. Just once could he please say the WRONG thing. ;-) It's not even that he's being politically correct, it just seems like always his mind and heart are always properly focused. I'm getting scary excited about where this program is headed.

I hope if things work out that he doesn't leave. A guy whose had five head coaching jobs before fifty can't be assumed to be a safe bet to stay. This would be a good problem to have I suppose.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Kill has already been quoted as saying this is his last head coaching job.

Top Bottom