FSN: Gophers make slight gains even in loss to Badgers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

Yet while Kill insists there's no moral victories in losing by 13 -- and beating the 16-point spread -- he still has confidence in the direction Minnesota's program is trending.

"I'd say we've got a pretty relentless group," Kill said. "Hopefully we showed people that we can play a good brand of football. We've got to build off of that and continue to work hard. It's certainly different than it was two years ago. We're headed in the right direction. I feel great about our kids."

For Minnesota's seniors, who played their last game at TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday, the loss stings even more as they'll never get their hands on the coveted Axe.

"There's obviously a lot of improvement the last couple years," said senior defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman, who had two tackles for loss Saturday. "There's different ways to take losing. I feel like we've definitely seen improvement."

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/colle...ins-even-in-loss-t?blockID=965323&feedID=3590

Go Gophers!!

Maybe but Becky is overrated. I thought they were supposed to be this juggernaut that was going to roll 40 or 50 on us. They will lose their bowl game or at least lets hope so.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe but Becky is overrated. I thought they were supposed to be this juggernaut that was going to roll 40 or 50 on us. They will lose their bowl game or at least lets hope so.

So if WI is over rated, what are we? WI defense has not given up a TD in 6 games this year.

Now that we lost to Wisconsin in a hard fought game shouldn't we as Gopher fans hope that Wisconsin is NOT overrated and we just held that juggernaut to their lowest point total of the season? And shouldn't we hope they win their bowl game to bring credibility back to the B1G?

IDK. I'm not saying i'm going to go buy red and cheer on the badgers in their bowl game but why would it be good for the Gophers for the badgers to lose their bowl game? The only good I can see out of that is then I can laugh at some of my badger friends... which is nice... for about 2 minutes. But then next year the B1G will start out with zero respect again.. including the gophers.

Now that we lost to Wisconsin in a hard fought game shouldn't we as Gopher fans hope that Wisconsin is NOT overrated and we just held that juggernaut to their lowest point total of the season? And shouldn't we hope they win their bowl game to bring credibility back to the B1G?

IDK. I'm not saying i'm going to go buy red and cheer on the badgers in their bowl game but why would it be good for the Gophers for the badgers to lose their bowl game? The only good I can see out of that is then I can laugh at some of my badger friends... which is nice... for about 2 minutes. But then next year the B1G will start out with zero respect again.. including the gophers.
You've been added to the wise and reasonable list.

I'm not big on moral victories either, but the gopher defense played better than expected to me. I think the progress on defense. Is more than a "slight" gain. We turned the ball over and gave up that big run the first play. The defense stepped up and held WI down most of the day. If the gophers can consistently play defense like this, we will not be wondering if we are going bowling in the future. We will only be talking about how good of a bowl game we should expect.

Top Bottom