Frost Gets Contract Extension

Gopher women's hockey seems to be falling behind uw and OSU. Time to turn it around or it will be time to make a change after 25-26.

Since his last title in 2016:
2 regular season titles
2 conference tournament titles
3 Frozen Fours

uw:
4 regular season titles
3 conference tournament titles
5 Frozen Fours
3 national championships

OSU:
1 regular season title
4 Frozen Fours
1 national championship

Thanks for showing those facts. I have said there should be heat on the seat due to the NCAA Championship drought. Here are some more aspects.

This current team is new. Nearly 2/3 of the scoring from last year graduated. So far the defense looks better than last. Realistically, it will take a little time. So if we were to say this group is a last chance, then let's see how they do. They are young and promising. I don't know.

From a distance it looks to me like several things changed in the offseason including assistant coaches and some of the style we are seeing on the ice so far this year. It's still early.

The upcoming games against Ohio State the weekend of the 27th are huge. tOSU just swept UMD.

Gopher women's hockey seems to be falling behind uw and OSU. Time to turn it around or it will be time to make a change after 25-26.

Since his last title in 2016:
2 regular season titles
3 Frozen Fours

uw:
4 regular season titles
3 conference tournament titles
5 Frozen Fours
3 national championships

OSU:
1 regular season title
4 Frozen Fours
1 national championship
I think it's indicative of the type of players he recruits and the way he wants them to play. During those championship runs he had players with more size, both on offense and defense. Might want to look into bringing one of those HC from the east into the big leagues.

Top Bottom