From the Strib's newly crowned Sr Writer - Fleck/Gophers Fired Up

Gophers fired up for rivalry game against Michigan - Captain Obvious

Gophers fired up for rivalry game against Michigan - Captain Obvious

Umm, I think you missed this part:

(Note: Certain obligations are placed on a sportswriter when he becomes the senior scribe in the Twin Cities.)

Umm, I think you missed this part:

(Note: Certain obligations are placed on a sportswriter when he becomes the senior scribe in the Twin Cities.)
True, but then there is this quote...

The Vikings should have avoided those 3 first half interceptions against Atlanta. - Captain Hindsight

One thing that could be done to keep him would be a 25,000-seat expansion of TCF Bank Stadium. My sources in the Gophers ticket office tell me that excitement for this game was at a point that 100,000 tickets could have been sold, if the stadium didn’t hold half of that, and fans weren’t restricted from attending by the virus.
Big if true. If we have another great season, the 2021 season opener vs Ohio State will be a sellout (especially if its a rematch of the 2020 B1G championship game). Basically, when those tickets go on sale next year, better buy them fast if you aren't a season ticket holder! PJ has energized the fanbase!

I feel like this is a bit of a satire/comedy piece that was written in the voice of Sid. Having a hard time taking it seriously

I doubt if Pat has that many years left in his life. From what I've seen he doesn't appear to be very healthy for long living. Tribune will be vastly different within a couple-three years as to sports.

He wasn't serious. He might think it was satire; it was basically a pathetic attempt to call attention to himself and troll GH. Sid was getting too much attention.

A perfect homage to Sid; "100,000 tickets could've been sold" was a classic-as was the "made such major contributions to his career". I stopped reading Sid in the '90's but still couldn't escape his jottings.

I doubt if Pat has that many years left in his life. From what I've seen he doesn't appear to be very healthy for long living. Tribune will be vastly different within a couple-three years as to sports.
Actually he's lost quite a bit of weight in recent years. But he's also been threatening to retire for about 5 years. He won't be doing it at 90 and probably not at 80 either.

It was an homage to Sid - written as Sid might have written it. I thought it was hilarious.

I knew I could count on SON! Thanks for spelling it out to help those for whom the ode flew over their heads.

For Monday Night Sportstalk fans, he used every one of the "Sid Hartman Rules" that he and Sooch came up with in the early 80s.

I am having trouble determining whether message board posts wondering whether it’s satire or not are satire.

Top Bottom