From Fuller today in the Press/Patch

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Linebackers coach John Butler said if Rallis (25 pounds heavier now) were performing last season at his current level, "he would have started on last year's group of linebackers."

"He's at or above their level right now. That's exciting. He might not have the short-term explosiveness and the NFL combine 40 times, but his game speed and ability to play fast within a game is at or above. Simoni was a genetic freak, but Rallis is not far behind.

Full article

Rallis is a beast. Cooper and Tinsley might put up the bigger numbers this year, but Rallis is really the key here.

So does anyone have the scoop on Reeves. Is he just too small for the middle and strong side and too slow for the weakside? Or just stuck in depth? He was suppose to be the prize and the news has been really light on him.

Out of five LB candidates the only sure starter is Rallis. Reeves is in the mix with Cooper, Tinsley, and Hill. He's also up to 225 lbs.

So does anyone have the scoop on Reeves. Is he just too small for the middle and strong side and too slow for the weakside? Or just stuck in depth? He was suppose to be the prize and the news has been really light on him.

I think most sites had Cooper as more highly ranked than Reeves. Rivals had Cooper at 4 stars with Reeves at 3. Scout had them both at 3 stars. Keep in mind that Cooper has been in the program 1 year longer due to Reeves academic issues.

It would seem that cooper should be pretty locked on the weakside wouldn't you think? Really though, given their youth, there should be plenty of reps for all.

There was a reason Cooper got a lot of reps last year. The different looks on defense and the injuries. I can see all of them getting playing time this year.

This discussion reminds me, sadly, of the last quarter loss to Michigan in the Dome. Can never have too many speed linebackers. The more choices the better.

Its only his second year in the program so its not like he's behind schedule or anything. He's supposedly bulked up pretty well and looks the part so I'm guessing he's around 225-230. Butler has said they're 5 deep at LB with Rallis, Coop, Tinsley, Reeves and Hill and Reeves is the primary backup at MLB and SLB right now with Coop and Hill battling at WLB. Reeves will see the field this year as we always mix in some 3-4 and just by attrition. Coming out of HS he wasn't hailed as a blazer but a guy with good speed and great LB instincts. Thing is I fully expect Tinsley to be a beast at MLB and be better than Campbell was as soon as this year, plus he has more size than Reeves and is in his 3rd year in the program.

Top Bottom