Fritz Rock update

If I remember correctly Fritz had a Gopher offer, and when the deadline came and went it was withdrawn. Is there any truth to that, or is his guardian blowing smoke? 2 here and 2 there it sounds like he is his agent pumping his client. Mr. Rock the younger is a prima donna, and the elder is promoting it. Further I don't think Coach Brewster wants anything to do with it.

If I remember correctly Fritz had a Gopher offer, and when the deadline came and went it was withdrawn. Is there any truth to that, or is his guardian blowing smoke? 2 here and 2 there it sounds like he is his agent pumping his client. Mr. Rock the younger is a prima donna, and the elder is promoting it. Further I don't think Coach Brewster wants anything to do with it.

It is true that he had a gopher offer but had it pulled when he would not commit as a junior in high school. To say he is a prima donna is just plain false, all the kid wanted to do was consider all options for his future, and to rag on his brother who took him in and helped raise him to give him a better life in Minnesota is classless.

So let me get this straight sid says that rock is going to juco and the same day babu does an actual interview with his older brother and guardian and he says that he is not going to a juco. I'll take Nadine's credibility and actual fact checking with a real source over sid any day of the week.

It had nothing to do with any set deadline, the spot at the position they were recruiting him for was filled up when Victor Keise committed. No different that how any QBs we had offers out to for the same class at Rock no longer had them after Alipate committed. It's a normal condition for almost every offer in college athletics that the offer is subject to the remaining availability of scholarships for the class and at the players position.

I'd like to pass my condolences on to the Rock family for the passing of Fritz's father. What a tough and awful period for the family. I'm glad that Fritz appears to have maintained his composure so that he can make the best long term decision.

To second guess anything the Rock family has done in light of their father's health issues is absurd. I hope that teams have offered them some flexibility with their situation, they deserve it. To think Sid would print information as inaccurate as he has in this situation is offensive.

I'd like to pass my condolences on to the Rock family for the passing of Fritz's father. What a tough and awful period for the family. I'm glad that Fritz appears to have maintained his composure so that he can make the best long term decision.

To second guess anything the Rock family has done in light of their father's health issues is absurd. I hope that teams have offered them some flexibility with their situation, they deserve it.

I'll second these statements.

what is wrong with you? a family just loses their father, and you accuse the brother of blowing smoke? he didn't say one thing about the gophers, he just said what they were doing now. way to kick a family when they're down.

goldindirt - your comments were far more tasteful, and i'd like to echo them as well.

Top Bottom