Fritz Rock to Illinois

hyaluronic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
As I was trying to find Curran Delaney information on Rivals.com, I ran across Fritz Rock's commitment to Illinois on Wednesday, March 23rd. I thought some people may be interested, and hope it hasn't already been posted.

Fritz Rock's Rivals Profile

Also it is showing him as a part of the 2010 class, so I hope it wasn't some sort of typographical error for the 2011, and it is old news I just forgot about, or skimmed over as I don't pay too close attention when someone commits elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure i remember news of him going to Illinois reported last year, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, you're right. I assumed when I saw the 2011 commitment it had just happened, though I slightly recalled him committing in the past, as well. Upon more research, I see that he has a bio on Illinois' roster that was written in 2010.

Illinois Roster Profile

My apologies to those who don't want re-hashed news.

At this point, I hope it is news for someone.

Note to self: Use more ambiguous thread titles so you can delete mistakes.

I ran into his older brother Pat, who refereed the Orono-Columbia Heights game. He said that Fritz is up to 210 pounds and has moved to wide receiver. The Illini have plenty of injuries at the wide receiver spot, so Fritz will likely get signinficant playing time in the spring.

Chris Monter

can anyone clear up what happened with him exactly? Was he not offered by brewster or what? We coulda used him this year, we are pretty thin at WR behind McKnight

can anyone clear up what happened with him exactly? Was he not offered by brewster or what? We coulda used him this year, we are pretty thin at WR behind McKnight

It's been a few years but if I remember correctly he was offered by Brewster but Fritz and his handler (older brother I think?) were holding out for better offers. I believe he's originally from the Miami area and was hoping to get an offer from them. Brew basically told him to commit now or the offer would not be there in the future. Fritz didn't commit so Brew pulled the offer. I think also they were set on using him as a safety. I could be wrong but this is how I remember it going down.

Top Bottom