Friday Selection/Big 10 in the RPI

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Saturday Selection/Big 10 in the RPI (Gophers slowly dropping)

To Date: 15-10 (60%)
Friday's Result: UALR -9 Wright State (L, Wright State 62-55)
Saturday's Selection: Indiana +17 KENTUCKY
Streak: L-4

Saturday's Games of Note
Alcorn State at Michigan State (breather for Sparty)
Austin Peay at Louisville (Gopher fans may want to catch this one on Full Court)
Butler at Ohio State (win could catapult Buckeyes to Big 10's best RPI)
Indiana at Kentucky (a Hoosier win would really turn up the heat on Billy G)
Indiana State at Purdue (Boilers tuning up for Davidson)
Long Beach State at Syracuse (sounds like "Punk"endorf will play)
Memphis at Georgetown (like the Hoyas in this one)
Mount St. Mary's at Penn State (Nitts on cruise control until Big 10 season)
Tennessee at Temple (Owls a team have always thought would look good on Gophs' schedule)
UW-Green Bay at Wisconsin (UWGB off to a nice start)
Xavier at Cincinnati (Musketeers fall from the unbeaten?)

Big 10 in the RPI (through Friday)
7. Northwestern
13. Michigan
20. Illinois
23. Ohio State
30. Michigan State
36. GOPHERS
43. Wisconsin
58. Iowa
92. Indiana
104. Purdue
129. Penn State

Northwestern

It would be a great storyline for college basketball if the Wildcats keep it in the 30's or better all season, but I'm not so sure many people are bankin' on it.

Northwesterns only loss is to Butler I believe. I attend a Horizon League school (Youngstown State) which is Butlers conference affiliate, and everyone said Butler was going to be down this year...if this is Butler on a down year this is frightning. Look for them to possibly hand Ohio State their first L tommorow.

FYI....Bostick originaly signed his LOI to Younstown State out of H.S but did not quilify.

Selection Sunday...

Three losses in a row? What's going on?

Actually, I'm afraid I jinxed you, SS. I said you should be taking your hot streak to a bookie, I hope you didn't heed my advice. As for Northwestern, they look pretty formidable. Their added height has allowed Coble to play away from the basket and Craig Moore is off to an outstanding start his senior season. I don't know that's it enough for them to get to the postseason, but every Big Ten team should be wary of their trip to Welsh-Ryan this season.

Northwesterns only loss is to Butler I believe. I attend a Horizon League school (Youngstown State) which is Butlers conference affiliate, and everyone said Butler was going to be down this year...if this is Butler on a down year this is frightning. Look for them to possibly hand Ohio State their first L tommorow.

FYI....Bostick originaly signed his LOI to Younstown State out of H.S but did not quilify.

Did not realize that.

DB seems rather slow in picking up the game, compared to the other newbies.

I'm 0-4 since Coolhand mentioned my hot streak. It's gotta' be his fault.

Buckeyes win against Butler, 54-51 - good win for them.

Top Bottom