Free Points

stocker08

Reaction score
Is there any other team on this planet that has the Shaq syndrome as badly as the Gophers? I'm firmly in the 'move on from Pitino' crew since the Iowa debacle in which the Gophers failed to score a point in the last 5:24 of game time, which didn't even bother me as much as Pitino's decision to keep Demir in the game.

Anyways. I hate to put this on Gabe....but in the last minute....he missed one of two. And then the back breaker. He missed the front end of a one and one. I don't know what's happened to him....but he's become a liability.

And I don't give a fu** about morale. I'd bench Gabe. He cost the team that game. And his poor shooting has cost the team several other winnable games.

And I don't give a fu** about morale. I'd bench Gabe. He cost the team that game. And his poor shooting has cost the team several other winnable games.

The new three point line change has destroyed his confidence, he stepped up to the old three point line and buried a two in the second half, no hesitation, perfect form, only net.

The new three point line change has destroyed his confidence, he stepped up to the old three point line and buried a two in the second half, no hesitation, perfect form, only net.

Perfect. Two points are better than a clank and zero.

This year they're about 200th of the country and 9th in the conference for free throw percent. Certainly not good but not as bad as I though.

With someone like Oturu who brings so much I can see playing someone who isn't great at free throws. But other guys Pitino plays probably aren't worth it. Dupree was a 69% free throw shooter and nothing special in the rest of his game. Omersa is a 24% free throw shooter. Is that a big enough problem to keep him off the court? I think both got playing time because we lacked better options but Pitino is at fault for getting into a position where either of them need to play any significant minutes.

I think the core of the problem is that Pitino prioritizes so many other things above shooting and doesn't develop a bench with any sort of depth. That leads to starters who are mediocre shooters and a bench that is even worse. Obviously you can't just recruit great shooters who are bad at everything else but shooting needs to be a priority. Someone like Gabe is great to have around as a role player but someone who shoots like he has been this year shouldn't be starting. Someone like Dupree never should have been starting.

Quite a number of holers have, in the past, stated ft’s really don’t mean wins or losses.

Do we have anyone on this team who is a gym rat?

Do we have any one who knows that you have to be 80% or better on free throws and works at it?

How about someone who knows that you have to shoot better than 60% on your field goals regardless of how poorly the other team is shooting?

Do we have anyone on this team who is a gym rat?

Do we have any one who knows that you have to be 80% or better on free throws and works at it?

How about someone who knows that you have to shoot better than 60% on your field goals regardless of how poorly the other team is shooting?

Gabe was/is a gym rat. That was the book in him out of HS and pitino said over and over last year he shoots before and after practice. Stays later than anyone. Sucks he has had such a bad year.

Top Bottom