Fox 9: Gophers' Richard Pitino on Kansas brawl: 'It's not good for anybody'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Jeff:

The college basketball world is reeling after a Big 12 rivalry game between Kansas and Kansas State ended with a bench-clearing melee Tuesday night.

Kansas forward Silvio De Sousa has been suspended indefinitely for his role in the incident, which happened at the end of the Jayhawks’ 81-60 win over the Wildcats. De Sousa had the ball stolen by DaJuan Gordon, who went in for a meaningless lay-up with one second to play. De Sousa blocked the shot emphatically, then stood over Gordon.

Kansas State players left the bench, and a near brawl ensued that included De Sousa holding a chair over his head. It was taken away before he could hurt anyone with it. University of Minnesota basketball coach Richard Pitino offered his reaction to the situation on Wednesday.

“You hate to see it, certainly. I don’t know exactly what transpired, I know it’s a big rivalry. It’s not good for anybody, and certainly not good for our sport in general to have that happen,” Pitino said.

Go Gophers!!

KSU started it.

De Sousa should have let the guy go and let Self deal with Webber on the bush league play. But De Sousa decided to crank it up x1000. Stupid

The steal and layup was dumb. Bad sportsmanship. But the subsequent block and standing over the guy was much, much worse.

The steal and layup was dumb. Bad sportsmanship. But the subsequent block and standing over the guy was much, much worse.

I think the block was warranted. Should have walked away after that though.

Bad all around. Admittedly I probably would have blocked the shot (if I could!) and then walk away as Keyser Soze said. Leave the guy on the floor where he belongs.

Thinking back on all the stupid stuff I did when I was in college..... Well just saying I did lots of stupid stuff so I won't judge these guys. Multiple wrongs here, this should never happen but I feel like we see it in the pros (not to this level) all the time and the kids are just acting like what they see their role models do.

Thinking back on all the stupid stuff I did when I was in college..... Well just saying I did lots of stupid stuff so I won't judge these guys. Multiple wrongs here, this should never happen but I feel like we see it in the pros (not to this level) all the time and the kids are just acting like what they see their role models do.
Don’t be a limp dick. Tell us some of the stupid stuff! :p

Top Bottom