Four Named to AP All-Big Ten Teams

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

🎩 off to thee -

Ersery, Kesich, Nubin named to First team, while Jackson earned Second Team honors.

The Associated Press announced its AP All-Big Ten Football Teams today and four Gophers were honored. Offensive tackle Aireontae Ersery, defensive back Tyler Nubin and kicker Dragan Kesich were named to the First Team, while receiver Daniel Jackson was placed on the Second Team.

Ersery has started all 12 games this year at left tackle. According to PFF, he allowed just three sacks and 13 total pressures in 779 snaps on offense. He is the Big Ten's top-graded lineman at 81.0. That grade also ranks eighth among FBS tackles and 16th for all offensive linemen. Ersery also leads the Big Ten, is sixth among FBS tackles and 14th overall along the o-line with a run block grade of 80.6.

Nubin made 53 tackles this year and had five interceptions and four pass breakups. He has 13 career interceptions, which is the most in school history. Nubin, who was recently invited to the Senior Bowl, is projected to be a top-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Kesich, who was previously named the Big Ten Kicker of the Year, led Minnesota in scoring with 90 points during the 2023 season. He made 22 field goals and was a perfect 24-of-24 on point-after attempts. He ranked eighth in the nation in field goals made (22), sixth in field goals attempted (26) and tied for 24th in field goal percentage (84.6%).

Jackson led the team in receptions (57), receiving yards (831) and touchdowns (8) and he ranked third in the Big Ten in touchdowns and receiving yards and fourth in receptions. For his career, Jackson has played in 41 games and has made 131 catches (tied with Chris Autman-Bell for tenth in school history) for 1,822 yards (12th in school history) and 14 touchdowns (tied for 11th in school history with Chris Autman-Bell, Ryan Thelwell and Omar Douglas.

Nubin and Kesich are no-brainers, but I'm happy that Ersery is finally getting the props he deserves. He's a great athlete and from the first I saw him, I thought "This guy has a pretty good chance of playing on Sundays." Three-star high school player who flew below the recruiting radar, but he's really developed into a top-tier player. Just has that "it factor." Kudos to the Gopher recruiting staff for landing him and the coaching staff for developing him.

Last edited:

Nubin and Kesich are no-brainers, but I'm happy the Ersery is finally getting the props he deserves. He's a great athlete and from the first I saw him, I thought "This guy has a pretty good chance of playing on Sundays." Three-star high school player who flew below the recruiting radar, but he's really developed into a top-tier player. Just has that "it factor." Kudos to the Gopher recruiting staff for landing him and the coaching staff for developing him.
And retaining him! Odd to type that, but it is what it is. Will be interesting to see how much better he is next year and he’ll have a chance to make to be an AA next year.

Hope Brosomar and DJ click as well and he goes to the next level next season with a better (hopefully) QB

Top Bottom