Former North Carolina star Eric Montross has passed away at 52 due to cancer.

RIP

Back when I loved The Tarheels. That team with Montross, Donald Williams and George Lynch was so solid.

Side note, Montross spurning his home state Hoosiers was a big deal. The vitriol directed at he and his family by some IU fans was disgusting.

As early an early 40s guy. For me the golden age of college hoops. I was fortunate enough to go to every final 4 from 92-99. What a time. Hating on him was a big part for me. I remember getting my self so excited in 1993 we played them they were number 4 we were number 9. It was a week after we beat Kansas as a 12 year old I thought the world was ending when we lost to them. We shot terrible. Donald Williams could not miss

Last edited:

RIP

Back when I loved The Tarheels. That team with Montross, Donald Williams and George Lynch was so solid.

Side note, Montross spurning his home state Hoosiers was a big deal. The vitriol directed at he and his family by some IU fans was disgusting.
Yes sir, we were in high school at the same time in Indiana and yes it was bad. It was supposed to be between Michigan and IU, but understand him wanting to blaze his own path.

Top Bottom