Former Fleck Coach headed to Michigan

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Mo Liguist to be CO-DC at Michigan.

He has been to a different job almost every year since 2011. Was on Cowboys staff this year.

Mo Liguist to be CO-DC at Michigan.

He has been to a differ job almost every year. Was on Cowboys staff this year.
What a weird life that must be.

It is often the nature of the business for assistant coaches

It is often the nature of the business for assistant coaches
There's the gleaming pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for a select few of them, if they can live with the turmoil for a decade or two.

I read this as former coach Fleck headed to Michigan. Needless to say I had a moment of panic.

Mo appears to be taking the Jedd Fisch path, and it continues to work out for both of them.

Mike Hart was also a former Fleck assistant at Western Michigan, who is now at Michigan.

Mo appears to be taking the Jedd Fisch path, and it continues to work out for both of them.

Mike Hart was also a former Fleck assistant at Western Michigan, who is now at Michigan.

I think the network of contacts is huge for these guys. Some guys just vanish after a while, others with lots of contacts in CFB seem to always have job options... and I'm not sure their skill as a coach is 100% behind that.

I'd guess it's like recruiter rental. You may need to hire an assistant coach that have strong connections to HS players you want badly.

On one hand it would stink to move so much, but on the other hand, think about all the different areas of the country he's been able to take in and all of the unique people he's gotten to meet.

There's one thing to setting down roots, but there's also something to be said for a new adventure every couple of years, especially at the rate college coaches are being paid these days. Gone are the days of renting a one bedroom apartment for a family of four while being the offensive line coach at State U. These are all great paying jobs with great benefits, putting them in the top 2-10% of all wage-earners in America. Probably tougher for the wife and kids for sure.

Last edited:

On one hand it would stink to move so much, but on the other hand, think about all the different areas of the country he's been able to take in and all of the unique people he's gotten to meet.

There's one thing to setting down roots, but there's also something to be said for a new adventure every couple of years, especially at the rate college coaches are being paid these days. Gone are the days of renting a one bedroom apartment for a family of four while being the offensive line coach at State U. These are all great paying jobs with great benefits. Probably tougher for the wife and kids for sure.

Certainly, this reverberates
with Kirk Ciarrocca and his family. His family wamted to stay put in their hometown near PSU. I don't blame KC for wanting the dream job at PSU.

Little did he anticipate that he will be out as PSU's OC a year later.

Certainly, this reverberates
with Kirk Ciarrocca and his family. His family wamted to stay put in their hometown near PSU. I don't blame KC for wanting the dream job at PSU.

Little did he anticipate that he will be out as PSU's OC a year later.

I'd be a bit miffed if I was Kirk. Granted, not sure it is safe for him to say it job wise... but I'd still be miffed.

Like after a few years sure whatever.... but man he drops a job that he's doing great in for another and then they just axe him ... sure he gets paid but dude is also trying to have a career and the team / coach he committed to just axes him after a year ...

Top Bottom