Florida Gator QB signee wants release after $13MM NIL deal falls through

So… no repercussions for anyone involved? 😂

So… no repercussions for anyone involved? 😂
Assume it will all depend on whether or not the kid goes after the NIL group for not coming through with the money. But if he doesn't than there really wouldn't be anything to go after.

I’m guessing way, way lower.

We can give you 10
10M?
10 dollars
Ok
dollar.gif

Pretty fascinating read if you have an Athletic subscription. As for the twitter comment about the player not driving much of this, that isn't all that surprising. The players most likely want to play and work their way towards the NFL, it is the people in their orbit that will be looking for all the handouts and to capitalize on the kid as much as possible.

Pretty fascinating read if you have an Athletic subscription. As for the twitter comment about the player not driving much of this, that isn't all that surprising. The players most likely want to play and work their way towards the NFL, it is the people in their orbit that will be looking for all the handouts and to capitalize on the kid as much as possible.

Lots of highly ranked recruits fizzle out in college. If there are boosters lined up to give you MILLIONS of dollars simply to play for their school.....hard to disagree with that being the correct move.

Lots of highly ranked recruits fizzle out in college. If there are boosters lined up to give you MILLIONS of dollars simply to play for their school.....hard to disagree with that being the correct move.
Sure, but the number of guys getting offered truly life changing money to commit to a particular school is still going to be a very very small percentage. We hear about the stupid money being thrown around at a small handful of guys but the majority won't make anything close to that.

For those players the money will be an enticement but it may not be enough for them to pick one school over another if they feel like the other school is going to offer a better opportunity.

Sure, but the number of guys getting offered truly life changing money to commit to a particular school is still going to be a very very small percentage. We hear about the stupid money being thrown around at a small handful of guys but the majority won't make anything close to that.

For those players the money will be an enticement but it may not be enough for them to pick one school over another if they feel like the other school is going to offer a better opportunity.

Right. But we are in a thread about a kid offered 13 million dollars.

And didn’t get it.

Hindsight. Kid had no way of knowing if it was a false promise. My only point here is that I'd blame no kid for choosing a place where a booster is offering multi million dollar NIL deals. This of course assumes that the deal isn't fake or shady or laced with super stringent incentive qualifications.

Hindsight. Kid had no way of knowing if it was a false promise. My only point here is that I'd blame no kid for choosing a place where a booster is offering multi million dollar NIL deals. This of course assumes that the deal isn't fake or shady or laced with super stringent incentive qualifications.
I wouldn't even blame him for taking a deal that he didn't know was fraudulent.

Top Bottom