Fleck on dline with Grimmer

swingman

Reaction score
Fleck really happy with the depth and experience in spring camp

Fleck mentioned having 8 guys inside to play the nose and three technique...

The Gopher DT squad may be oldest, most experienced and highest rated in nation. DewTreadway from Notre Dame now in 7th year, Pinckney (former 4star) from Clemson in 6th year, Martin from NCSU in 6th year, 4star Schad in 5th year, 4star Cheney in 3rd year, Richter (former #2 recruit in MN) in fourth year out of Perham, Georgia State Champ MVP Carter in 3rd year, 4star Eastern joining the squad as early enrollee, 4star Schuster joining the squad

Fleck also likes depth and experience at DE. At rush end, he mentioned Mafe (5th year NFL prospect), Rush (4th year), and said Striggow coming on. Striggow played as true frosh last year.

At 5-tech DE, Fleck mentioned Big O (5th year Otomewo), MJ Anderson (who played a lot last year as a RS frosh), and Jalen LoganRedding, who got some run last year as true frosh.

Last edited:

No Joyner, was hoping for something there.

I'd like to see us get some of that good DL type pressure a bit more often.

Although considering last year I suspect containment will be more of a focus.

No Joyner, was hoping for something there.
I wouldn't read anything into him not being mentioned specifically. This was just a quick snapshot of spring in general. They did talk a little about the DL and LB positions but it wasn't a super deep dive into each spot or anything like that.

The fun part is the difference in tone coming from Fleck. He is clearly really excited about this team. You don't hear the young word getting tossed around now it is all about experience and depth. And it is easy to see where that optimism is coming from as this should be a very deep experienced team unlike anything we have really ever had around here.

Top Bottom