Fitz on Gophs, his QB, and more

Fitz loved him some hot chili too.
images

Fitz just comes off as a good guy. of all the B1G coaches, he seems like the guy who would be most fun to sit down and BS with, or have a beverage of your choice.

I don't know if I've ever heard another coach say anything negative about him. unlike some of the other current - or former - coaches in the conference.

Fitz just comes off as a good guy. of all the B1G coaches, he seems like the guy who would be most fun to sit down and BS with, or have a beverage of your choice.

I don't know if I've ever heard another coach say anything negative about him. unlike some of the other current - or former - coaches in the conference.
Wonder how much of a factor that the new stadium and training facility will have with coach Fitz? Has to be some sort of an uptick.

I'm with you, he's the only Big Ten coach I like.

Wonder how much of a factor that the new stadium and training facility will have with coach Fitz? Has to be some sort of an uptick.
It will be huge for him not to be playing in a D11 stadium.....but their fan base is still pretty pathetic. In addition, he still has the issue of getting recruits into school. Northwestern takes their academics pretty seriously. I always wonder what Fitz could do at a real football school.....

It will be huge for him not to be playing in a D11 stadium.....but their fan base is still pretty pathetic. In addition, he still has the issue of getting recruits into school. Northwestern takes their academics pretty seriously. I always wonder what Fitz could do at a real football school.....
It would be interesting to see how Fitzgerald would do at a school with lots of resources and the ability to compete at the highest level. I think he would do really well and if he ever did want to leave Northwestern he would be in huge demand at both the college and NFL level.

That said, he seems very happy where he is at and you rarely hear his name mentioned in job searches which I would assume means he shuts it down and makes it clear he isn't interested.

Crazy part is it feels like he has been around forever but he is still just 47 years old.

With this stadium in place, he actually has all the facilities needed. There is a lot of really good HS players who could get in, he just has to figure out how to get them there.

It would be interesting to see how Fitzgerald would do at a school with lots of resources and the ability to compete at the highest level. I think he would do really well and if he ever did want to leave Northwestern he would be in huge demand at both the college and NFL level.

That said, he seems very happy where he is at and you rarely hear his name mentioned in job searches which I would assume means he shuts it down and makes it clear he isn't interested.

Crazy part is it feels like he has been around forever but he is still just 47 years old.
I really think Fitz is in his ideal spot and he recognizes it. He probably has the skills to move up to higher profile program, but he likely recognizes that the pressure would be much more difficult to deal with at such a place. And pressure can make you do crazy things,

I really think Fitz is in his ideal spot and he recognizes it. He probably has the skills to move up to higher profile program, but he likely recognizes that the pressure would be much more difficult to deal with at such a place. And pressure can make you do crazy things,
Yep, he has a great situation at his alma-mater where he is making millions and has great job security. Kind of shocking more coaches don't go this route.

Yep, ideal situation for him. Found this article...thought it was interesting.

Yep, ideal situation for him. Found this article...thought it was interesting.
Interesting story....guess they got their answer to the "will he stick around question" since that story was written in 2009 and he is still there 13 years later.

Would not shock me to see him go the Barry Alvarez route....coach for a while and then eventually become the AD.

After a hundred-some years of Big Ten football why do some reporters still act as if it has never gotten cold in the upper Midwest come November?

Top Bottom