First game in awhile, any suggestions?

bobbydole81

Reaction score
Question for yall,

I was a season ticket holder for a long time, but my crew decided they didn't want to go any more so I didn't renew.. Now my kids are a bit older and my wife/son convinced me to get new tickets this year..

Anyway in the past we would go tailgating, but this time around I didn't get an option for parking passes.. so any suggestions on where to park? Also, I'm heading to the game with two 12 year olds, any suggestions on fun stuff to do before the game?

Question for yall,

I was a season ticket holder for a long time, but my crew decided they didn't want to go any more so I didn't renew.. Now my kids are a bit older and my wife/son convinced me to get new tickets this year..

Anyway in the past we would go tailgating, but this time around I didn't get an option for parking passes.. so any suggestions on where to park? Also, I'm heading to the game with two 12 year olds, any suggestions on fun stuff to do before the game?
Well, today parking is going to be a pain because of the fair and if you don't have a pass for any of nearby lots/ramps you'll probably have to park on west bank and walk or shuttle

Or try to buy a pass for oak street.

For family they have events/happenings right around stadium you can check out or the alumni club is tame side.

Question for yall,

Assuming that you bought season tickets....I would HIGHLY recommend adding a parking pass. You might not save money over individual parking spots during the season....but the convenience of having a space is 100% worth the cost. Basketball even moreso.

Is there anywhere I can buy a parking pass for tonight only at this point?

I feel like the amount of time to get into the stadium has gotten pretty long recently. It was horrible during the OSU game last year (some in our group missed the entire first quarter), so I would say be on the early side getting in line if you don't want to miss kickoff.

I answered my own question by calling 1-800-UGOPHER. The answer is yes
Yep. I prepaid for parking passes for every game by calling the ticket office. I couldn't do it otherwise since I'm a Gopher Pass holder and you don't get the option to buy a pass for the whole season with the Gopher pass. But I just bought a pass for every game at the Oak St. ramp over the phone.

Yep. I prepaid for parking passes for every game by calling the ticket office. I couldn't do it otherwise since I'm a Gopher Pass holder and you don't get the option to buy a pass for the whole season with the Gopher pass. But I just bought a pass for every game at the Oak St. ramp over the phone.
I did 4th street. Hopefully it's easy enough to get into. I usually use that one for hockey games.

yeah I got some parking tickets for 4th street as well.. I think I'll head down to the stadium and see what they have down there, otherwise I might head to the tailgating fundraiser thing.. thanks every one!

East River Road Garage isn't a bad option. Further walk but the if the weather is good and your legs work, it can be easier than getting into Oak Street.

East River Road Garage isn't a bad option. Further walk but the if the weather is good and your legs work, it can be easier than getting into Oak Street.
I always had good luck with oak street using entrance on Ontario

I always had good luck with oak street using entrance on Ontario
(y) When I had a parking pass, we could go from my place in DT StP to being parked in 15 minutes as long as it was more than maybe an hour and 15 minutes before kickoff. Would stay about 1 to 1 1/2 hours after and zip out of the ramp right onto 94 in maybe 2 minutes.

It can be a pain in the ass, but they do decent job directing traffic
If I get onto campus by 7:00 will I be safe to make it to the gate on time, considering traffic, parking, gates, etc.?

Top Bottom