Fire Maturi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GopherFish

Reaction score
This guy should be fired. Our major sports programs are mediocre at best. Brewster has been a bad choice. The basketball program looked to be turning the corner and now is a mess again, especially after the Royce White saga. Hockey is a joke. Get rid of this guy fast!!!

No, it's Pat. I can see how you would confuse us though.

This guy should be fired. Our major sports programs are mediocre at best. Brewster has been a bad choice. The basketball program looked to be turning the corner and now is a mess again, especially after the Royce White saga. Hockey is a joke. Get rid of this guy fast!!!

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Gordie, is that you again? :D

Say what!

Basketball program is much better. An 18 year old has some problems and the program is in the stinker. Get real.

Brewster does a good job recruiting with the cards he was dealt. Can it translate to onfield success. That needs to be proven. I think we will find out in the next two years.

Hasn't Lucia won a couple of National Titles, I think he should have a long leash before pulling that plug.

LOL this guy has 2 posts, both in the middle of the night, and he just copied what he wrote here and posted it on the basketball board too....

what a tool...

fish

absolutely your a fish

maturi

Remember one thing fellow G-Holers, is that Maturi had to take over after that goofball Mark Deinhart who hired Dan Monson. It was amidst that Jan Gangelhoff disaster at the U. Maturi did not have a lot of room to work with when he took over. He will prevail through this as well. Firing him would serve no purpose at all. Besides, anytime a University fires an athletic director or coach, they have to start all over again which puts any program behind again for 5 years. Or more.

Gio Gophers!!!

Remember one thing fellow G-Holers, is that Maturi had to take over after that goofball Mark Deinhart who hired Dan Monson. It was amidst that Jan Gangelhoff disaster at the U. Maturi did not have a lot of room to work with when he took over. He will prevail through this as well. Firing him would serve no purpose at all. Besides, anytime a University fires an athletic director or coach, they have to start all over again which puts any program behind again for 5 years. Or more.

Gio Gophers!!!

I can't remember who the AD was at the time, but the biggest mistake in dealing with Dan Monson was talking him into staying at Minnesota after he had a done deal to take over the Washington program.

things were a mess when maturi got here. I remember it well. we forget too quickly, and expect the future too soon.

You're right. Everything and everyone associated with the University's athletic programs suck. Time to start over. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maturi/Brewster

Firing anyone at this time is not the the answer. besides it's too late anyway. Next year will tell pretty much the whole story. The jury is still out on this situation. Best to leave it alone for now.

Amen!!

Go gophers!!!

things were a mess when maturi got here. I remember it well. we forget too quickly, and expect the future too soon.

He still has some rope left, no doubt. But the way he handled Monson's demise (You're fired, oh wait, nevermind) as well as the Mason firing (you don't fire a coach for losing a Bowl Game. You do it after the regular season ends like every other school in America) didn't score him any points in my book. I can't decide how many he deserves for Tubby being here, if any. I also don't think the way he's handled Mbakwe or White's situations is ideal, though there have been no ideal way.

I want an athletic director who acts as my puppet, but shields me from all public criticism for the decisions I make.

same original post is on the basketball board ... replies can be made there if so desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom