Financial Aid for Grades

That was going to be my question. Clearly "education-related financial support" is a very specific and narrow definition within the NCAA rules, yet the original Tweet doesn't elaborate at all (probably on purpose).

Share the love? Hashtag (intentionally spelled out since it doesn't exist) - Pay the tutors?

I am sure some program will find a way to take advantage of this kind of financial support, but I really like it. I hope the NCAA really doubles down on providing additional support to the athletes who are excelling in the classroom.

I'm sure there are negatives that I'm not contemplating, but maybe adding 3-5 additional scholarships to teams with really high graduation numbers. Maybe allowing teams to have 3-5 players who are currently in grad school be on scholarship and those don't count towards the 85.

I don't know. I just think the NCAAs best way to start spinning some of the NIL and transfer stuff into more positive light is to really start finding more ways to reward academic success.

Are the tutors not paid?
They are (but I think you knew that). I know someone that tutored Maroney...so if they were paid back then I am sure they are now.

Top Bottom