Final Season Ranking

BTChamp

Reaction score
Something interesting I saw on the "History and Stats" tab on here was how many times the U has finished the season ranked in the AP. According to this, since 1968, the U finished the season ranked in 2003 and 1999. If that is true, in the last 51 years they've finished 2 years ranked. Looks like a 3rd year waiting to happen.

2/51. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s an amazing statistic. You can’t look at that and not wonder why we wouldn’t do what it takes to be competitive right now.

Since the Gophers' last National Championship (1960), here are their best AP final poll finishes:

1960 - 1
1961 - 6
1962 - 10
1999 - 18
2002 - received votes (34th)
2003 - 20
2014 - received votes (34th)
2016 - received votes (34th)

I think we're all feeling pretty good about this year's final poll :cool:

2/51. Wow.

2 of 50 would take us from the 1969 season through last year.
To be 2/51 we would have to miss this year.

Evidently it's your negativity like this which is being called out by the more optimistic posters on this forum! Obviously you want the Gophers to fail and not be ranked this year!

/sarcasm

That’s an amazing statistic. You can’t look at that and not wonder why we wouldn’t do what it takes to be competitive right now.

Yeah, I had no idea it was that bad for that long. And I was alive for most of it watching it happen. Although I think my math was off. I did 2019-1968. 2019 hasn't finished yet. I think it was actually 50 years, but either way long time.

Evidently it's your negativity like this which is being called out by the more optimistic posters on this forum! Obviously you want the Gophers to fail and not be ranked this year!

/sarcasm

Haha, not at all. Just a stat I never realized how bad it has been. Also, I caught my math mistake while you were posting. So yeah 50 years.

/sarcasm

Ah, 2/50 is much better.

To be fair - I don’t think I was being called out for being too negative in that thread - I just had an issue with someone else calling out others.

Ah, 2/50 is much better.

To be fair - I don’t think I was being called out for being too negative in that thread - I just had an issue with someone else calling out others.

Pretty sure FTF was directing it at me and my wrong math. It wasn't meant to be negative, just a stat for discussion.

Top Bottom