Film Analysis: Michigan and PSU

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Interesting blog with video analysis of how Michigan consistently got numbers in the run game against PSU. Lots of pulling OL. Michigan RBs, once past the LBs, are gone! I think Michigan is just really good, not that PSU is bad. We’ll see.

Penn State is a tough team to get a read on. They needed a last minute score against Purdue and really only won that one because at the time Purdue had zero run game and couldn't kill the clock.

They went on the road and beat Auburn, but Auburn looks pretty mediocre overall. Their game with Central Michigan was tighter than the final score would indicate. And they only beat Northwestern 17-7 however the game was played in crappy weather conditions.

Then they played one good half against Michigan and got demolished in the second half.

We will have to play significantly better than we did against Purdue and Illinois but if we can somehow put it together you never know.

Penn State is a tough team to get a read on. They needed a last minute score against Purdue and really only won that one because at the time Purdue had zero run game and couldn't kill the clock.

They went on the road and beat Auburn, but Auburn looks pretty mediocre overall. Their game with Central Michigan was tighter than the final score would indicate. And they only beat Northwestern 17-7 however the game was played in crappy weather conditions.

Then they played one good half against Michigan and got demolished in the second half.

We will have to play significantly better than we did against Purdue and Illinois but if we can somehow put it together you never know.
The got demolished in the first half against Michigan too. Had no business being down 2. They had one 60 yard Clifford run that set up a touchdown. Take away that run and they gained 27 yards in the first half to Michigan’s 271.

The got demolished in the first half against Michigan too. Had no business being down 2. They had one 60 yard Clifford run that set up a touchdown. Take away that run and they gained 27 yards in the first half to Michigan’s 271.
If we can put together enough of a passing game to keep them from loading up to stop Mo I think we have a shot. Hopefully we can move past these last 2 games and play the way we are capable of playing again.

If we can put together enough of a passing game to keep them from loading up to stop Mo I think we have a shot. Hopefully we can move past these last 2 games and play the way we are capable of playing again.
Agreed. I think we have a real shot to win this. The white out is the X factor though.

Agreed. I think we have a real shot to win this. The white out is the X factor though.
Not sure how the white out makes it any tougher than it usually is to play in Happy Valley. I don't worry about our team getting rattled on the road. Although if Morgan can't go it gets a little more dicey since the backups haven't faced that kind of environment yet.

Top Bottom