Fiesta Bowl - Studwell?

Iceland12

Reaction score
Is there any chance that those Boise State uniforms would pass your inspection?

I'm more upset that TCU came out wearing their "combat" uniforms that they wore for the Utah game. Haven't they learned anything this bowl season? Miami wore their combat unis and got waxed. Cincinnati wore their white helmets and got waxed. Moral of the story: don't "go Oregon" for bowl games.

I'm more upset that TCU came out wearing their "combat" uniforms that they wore for the Utah game. Haven't they learned anything this bowl season? Miami wore their combat unis and got waxed. Cincinnati wore their white helmets and got waxed. Moral of the story: don't "go Oregon" for bowl games.

Miami's uni's looked excellent. I wanted to sign to to play for 'the U' when I saw those. Not so much with TCU's. They look horrible. I hope Huff is watching and feels the same way.

Edit: Especially horrible are TCU's helmets.

Is there any chance that those Boise State uniforms would pass your inspection?

This is a tricky question because their colors make a good uniform design prima facie impossible. The shade of blue they use is not a college color. (Blue and orange are, generally, a good traditional combination; viz, UVA's color great color scheme.) In addition, their helmet logos are poorly conceived--way too much going on there. Here as elsewhere, less is more.

Off topic: smurf turf is an abomination and should be against NCAA rules.

How on earth do you guys notice this much about uniforms? And remember them from game to game?

How on earth do you guys notice this much about uniforms? And remember them from game to game?
Couldn't agree more. I don't care what people wear to work or play. I just want to clearly see numbers and names.

Couldn't agree more. I don't care what people wear to work or play. I just want to clearly see numbers and names.

We've got a bunch of Football Fashionistas on this board! As a girl, I really only notice a uniform if it's hideous.

Personally, not a fan of the orange pants. I think they have a nice look when they go white on white & blue on blue when they're the home team.

I agree on the helmets, Studwell.....too much going on. I think they could do without the "Boise State" on logo and just go with the Bronco.....it would clean it up a bit.

As for smurf turf....I dislike it as much as you, but that's why I love college football. It's so awful that I love it. Same with Oregon's uniforms. They're so out there awful that I actually like them.

Personally, not a fan of the orange pants. I think they have a nice look when they go white on white & blue on blue when they're the home team.

I agree on the helmets, Studwell.....too much going on. I think they could do without the "Boise State" on logo and just go with the Bronco.....it would clean it up a bit.

The Orange pants are horrible. Maybe Orange makes them look stronger.:clap:

Just like white shoe's are supposed to make you look faster

Dumbest thing I have ever heard. It is actually the other way, black shoes and socks hide if your sloppy or plodding and have bad feet. White shoe's show everything. They do make it easier to see which lineman's feet are getting crossed up or who is making mistakes with there feet easier.

That I could see as a coaching advantage having white shoe's to see mistakes.

Top Bottom