Ferguson a three star

Sorry GVBadger, Ruppy is back. That means our "Swap The Village Idiot" program has expired. It was nice to have you here, but your village needs you now.

:D

Gjere got worse after the season ended. That is why he dropped. I have heard the U may pull the schollie based on the drop and based on the fact that he is not a 4 star recruit per ESPN.

I assume that you are being totally facetious but you make a valid point related to the rating services. It is the coaches evaluation of a recruit that is important. From a statistical standpoint the higher rated players probably have a better chance of success. For any one individual player it is not that meaningfull, i.e. Decker.

Sorry GVBadger, Ruppy is back. That means our "Swap The Village Idiot" program has expired. It was nice to have you here, but your village needs you now.

:D

hahaha I got a good laugh out of this.

This is the funny thing about rankings. Ferguson was unranked, now he is a 3 star, 5.5 or whatever. If they said he was a 2 star, 5.3 or whatever, he would be the same player. He will succeed or fail at Minnesota based on his ablility and the coaches ability to maximize his talent. Whatever number he was assigned is meaningless.

By all accounts, Beau Allen plays soft. The book on him (as I have heard it) is similar to the book on Matt Carufel- fantastic size and measurables, but doesn't initiate contact and generally lacks that killer instinct that separates men from boys on the gridiron. To show you it isn't just sour grapes, I will analogize further to former Gopher Willie Middlebrooks. That guy was drafted in Round #1 based solely on measurables but his football instincts just didn't match up to the NFL level.

By all accounts, Beau Allen plays soft. The book on him (as I have heard it) is similar to the book on Matt Carufel- fantastic size and measurables, but doesn't initiate contact and generally lacks that killer instinct that separates men from boys on the gridiron. To show you it isn't just sour grapes, I will analogize further to former Gopher Willie Middlebrooks. That guy was drafted in Round #1 based solely on measurables but his football instincts just didn't match up to the NFL level.

I wasn't talking about Allen, I was talking about Ferguson.

For all the negatives I read on this board about Allen, I am shocked that Minnesota offered him. Maybe the coaches know more then the people on the board. Just a thought.

I wasn't talking about Allen, I was talking about Ferguson.

For all the negatives I read on this board about Allen, I am shocked that Minnesota offered him. Maybe the coaches know more then the people on the board. Just a thought.

I don't get it.

Top Bottom