Fatigue Factor

GopherFish

Reaction score
The Gophers have some fatigue issues they have to overcome.

They played an OT game into the evening and now have an afternoon game. This gives them barely more than 15 hours to recover since game end. Finally, this is their third game in less than three full days.

Meanwhile Purdue is only playing its second game, played a shorter regulation game and has had longer time to recover.

How big a factor is fatigue?

gotta give the young fresh legs a little work time. Cobbs, rodney, carter those types are going to have to step it up

I definitely think the Gophers are going to start losing their legs in the second half. But they also have plenty of motivation to dig deep and finish the game as strong as possible. Tough to say how it will affect them.

I'm not overly concerned about the fatigue factor, I think the emotional high they have right now is enough to overcome it. Our boys are on a mission, Purdue is in for a battle this afternoon. Go gophers!

On the positive side if they do pull it out, OSU only plays like 7 players, so they should have some fatigue as well(even though we played one more game than them).

I'm not overly concerned about the fatigue factor, I think the emotional high they have right now is enough to overcome it. Our boys are on a mission, Purdue is in for a battle this afternoon. Go gophers!

I agree with you Eye. The emotional high should carry us today.

I agree with you Eye. The emotional high should carry us today.
Emotional highs can carry you far...but if it starts getting really physical in the 2nd half...us playing 3 games in 3 days versus them playing 2 with more rest between the games will no doubt affect us...

I think Devoe played between 500 and 600 games each season in high school so he should be good to go.

Devoe was a work horse last night. Lucas was all over him and he came out in the second half stepped it up. He didn't seem to fade at all in OT. But I too wonder if less rest, playing in OT and playing one extra game than Purdue could be a factor. One good thing is Tubby likes to use so many players.

I'm not worried about the Gophers and fatigue.

If anyone should be worried about running out of gas, it's Ohio State.

Good news...both Iverson, RSIII and DJ should be fine...Devoe is a fitness beast...Hoff may be tired but Rodney is rested and how about the new life Bostick has found...I think we should be fine if our second team steps up and plays well we can win this game!

Top Bottom