fat pat reusse trying to interject himself back into gopher discussion. don't bite!

supadupafly

Reaction score
coming out with his usual lame a$$ attempts at contrarian cynicism, backhanded compliments, unwarranted cheap shots at the program, U of M and gopher fans in general, etc., etc. fat pat reusse realizes his relevance in the minnesota sports scene discussion has fallen pretty sharply in the last several months and is trying hard to interject himself and his usual crap back into the general discussion by going his usual over-the-top, cheap shot route. posting cheap shot tweets and articles last night and today. the pathetic and sorry d-bag lives off of and has made his career on being a giant prick, always going the negative route, trying to douse any hints of positivity that any team's fans show, and just plain being a huge jack-off. please don't respond to his crap or give him any article "clicks/credit".

don't take reusse's bait. he is going the jack-off contrarian route and dumping on the program and fans to try and drum up more attention for himself and the junk he is amazingly paid to write. he is fishing and wants people to bite, as he often does with his crap. he wants to be a part of the discussion instead of observe and reporting like most professional reporters and journalists manage to do.

please do not post any more links to his CRAPTASTIC style of journalism on this site (althought i know bleedgopher means well with all of the other fantastic links that he posts for us here at gopherhole).

coming out with his usual lame arse attempts at contrarian cynicism, backhanded compliments, unwarranted cheap shots and program and gopher fans, etc., etc. fat pat realizes his relevance in the minnesota sports scene discussion has fallen pretty sharply in the last few months and is trying hard to interject himself back into the general discussion by going his usual cheap shot route. posting some lame tweets and cheap shot articles last night and today so far. ignore him and don't respond.

please don't take his bait. and please do not post any more links to his CRAPTASTIC style of journalism on this site. thanks!

What's going to happen to people that post links?

Can we rename this the 'Thin Skinned Hole'.

What's going to happen to people that post links?

didn't say anything would "happen" to people who go ahead and post links anyways....smartass. just asked nicely and said please. feel free to post if you desire. was a friendly request and not a command, but you keep on being the super funny guy that you appear to be.

:)

didn't say anything would "happen" to people who go ahead and post links anyways....smartass. just asked nicely and said please. feel free to post if you desire. was a friendly request and not a command, but you keep on being the super funny guy that you appear to be.

:)

Don't take Maximus' comment seriously. As you will see, people are always looking to bust your ball$. Just let it roll off your back and you will have a lot more fun posting on here.

Can we rename this the 'Thin Skinned Hole'.

please. there is a difference between accusing a fan base of being "thin skinned" and a jack-off writer like fat pat reusse consistently taking unwarranted cheap shots and rarely being called on it by his media peers or others.

okay. i am done responding to this post and done talking about fat pat reusse and his pile of crap soul. carry on!

I agree with ya and I can't stand Reusse for many of the same reasons. However, threads like this probably generate more clicks to Reusse than simply ignoring him. The people who like him, don't really care about our opinions and the people who don't, might give him a click to see what you're talking about.

Guys like him want people to have a strong opinion on them, one way or the other. If you really can't stand him, ignore him.

Pat is actually a pretty big Gopher fan. Let's be honest, everything he said about Brewster was dead on. He's seen a lot and called Brew out as a hack from day one.

He's optimistic about Kill and I actually put some stock into that

This is rehashing a lot of old debates on this forum but it isn't exactly going out on a limb by saying a football coach isn't going to be succesful at the U. Furthermore, I don't think anyone who really followed the Gophers closely would come to the conclusion that Brewster failed for the reasons why Reusse thought he would fail.

It's easy to have a take that is statistically likely to come true.

It sort of reminds me of all the people patting themself on the back that they called that RichRod wouldn't be succesful at Michigan because "you can't run the spread at Michigan". That turned out not to be true. RichRod's failures had little to do with his offense and Brew's failures had little to do with being overly optimisitic. That doesn't stop some prognosticators from trying to rewrite history.

Bob, you're in your first year of Law School, aren't you?

Damn, nobody has posted a link to Reusse's blog. I guess I am going to have to go on 1500 ESPN to read it. I don't think I have missed reading one of Reusse's columns since he jumped ship at the Pioneer Press.

PS. Here is the link. The blog was right on the money. Nobody does it better than Reusse.

http://www.1500espn.com/blogs/new_grandeur_for_u_of_m_moral_victory

I think nobody would be happier with Gopher success than Patrick, actually. Let's go have some.

By the way, he has acknowledged several times he reads this board. Don't let that affect your posting style, but I have the feeling that "don't click on Fat Pat's blog" doesn't discourage him in any way. When you ignore somebody, you, well, ignore him.

Has anybody noticed he may have a weight problem? Man he's heavy. Might be bald too. And fat. Bet he can't run 500 meters without stopping for a Big Mac.

I think his parents were poor, and he didn't wear Nikes. Let's not hang out with him, 'cause he ain't cool like us. He might stink up the cool lunch table.

I think nobody would be happier with Gopher success than Patrick, actually. Let's go have some.

By the way, he has acknowledged several times he reads this board. Don't let that affect your posting style, but I have the feeling that "don't click on Fat Pat's blog" doesn't discourage him in any way. When you ignore somebody, you, well, ignore him.

Has anybody noticed he may have a weight problem? Man he's heavy. Might be bald too. And fat. Bet he can't run 500 meters without stopping for a Big Mac.

I think his parents were poor, and he didn't wear Nikes. Let's not hang out with him, 'cause he ain't cool like us. He might stink up the cool lunch table.

I have heard Reusse say, on two different occasions, that he hates football. He would love nothing more than to have Coach Kill fail and the Vikes to leave town. I don't know where you get the idea that he is a Gopher fan. Perhaps of the baseball team but even then I doubt it. Pat loves the Twins and then only when they win. I love football. I don't like people who actively try to undermine Gopher football.

By the way, I grew up poor as well. Poorer than Reusse, I would guess. Poor is no excuse. And yes, he does stink up the Gopher fan's lunch table.

I found the perfect place for Reusse. Logon to www.Oregonlive.com and see how the bandwagon fans and media rip both Oregon and Oregon State players and coaches for getting beat yesterday. When they finished with OU and OSU they then went after Portland State for scheduling an NAIA opponent yesterday and winning 52-zip. Fat Patrick would just love it out there. If he went out there the folks would stop hugging trees and start hugging him.

Reusse is one of those pricks who never got over being bullied on the playground. Just ignore him.

Pat's dad was the Fulda undertaker, so I'm sure they weren't dirt poor. The playground analogy is applicable, as adults are calling him fat, as if that invalidates his opinion. He's also a drunk, and once divorced, and bald. He thinks he's a movie critic, and several of his recommendations have been unwatchable.

He also remembers when Gopher football was not just the only game in town, but a source of pride. It hasn't been that leately, and pointing out its flaws doesn't make him evil, it is simply a fact. I wish the program well, I'm a true believer, but criticizing media folks for not buying in to your level is silly in a world where results matter. The happiest day I will have is when Pat eats his words (provided he has room after lunch --hahaha fat Joke!). To be honest, so far, he has been right, whether from some kind of internal wisdom or 20/20 hindsight. You get to silence your critics when you've proved them wrong. 40 years of nothing and a whisp of promise doesn't do it.

Top Bottom