Fanbases that feel worse than us...

I have a golf buddy who loves to dump on the local sports teams, but doesn't say much, if anything, when the teams win.

A few weeks ago, after the Vikings lost to the Eagles, he went on and on — Kirk Cousins "shit the bed", blah-blah-blah. But not a word after each of the Vikings three wins this season. Not a peep after they beat the Packers in their opener.

He never talks Gopher football. Again, he was silent on the topic during the 4-0 start.

But yesterday when he and I teed off, the first words out of his mouth were something about the Gophers laying an egg against Purdue.

To me, he is the prototypical Minnesota sports fan.

When you point this out to Minnesotans, the response is always the same: "Well, can you blame us? All we do is lose, lose, lose!"

Well, if you obsess over every loss and dismiss or outright ignore all the wins, I guess it follows that you would see things exactly that way.
It sounds like your buddy could be my brother. Same thing. To make matters more irritating, I think he can only name two players...#2 and #24; and the coach, who he thinks should be fired because he acts like hyper little child. That's his only reason.
Unfortunately, these types will always be around.

Texas fans found their silver lining in their disappointing loss to Alabama only to have Texas Tech kick their ass. Longhorn fans are beside themselves still looking to solve a 13 year old problem.

Oklahoma fans are walking around in circles with their heads down trying to figure out how they got here and what happened for Brent Venables to now be their coach. Yes I know you listed them already, but they are one messed up fan base right now.
That Texas game was awesome. Pulling for UT the whole way. Was pretty disgusted that 'bama took out Texas' QB again for the second time in two games against them. Ugh, if only that corner blitz got home on 'bama's final drive.

Oklahoma, what the heck??? Wasn't everyone expecting the D to get better with him around?

A lot of people overlook this. Even many of the elite teams every year put up a stinker or two.
UGA two weeks in a row struggled against inferior teams and didn't lead a mediocre Missouri team until late in the fourth quarter.

People need to quit acting like one game is the start of a trend!

I'm still pretty bummed about the loss to Purdue, but misery loves company so I've been pondering which fanbases of major programs probably feel as bad or worse than us right now. Feel free to add to this list and let it help ease your pain as it has mine!
  • MSU: Pretty much dominated by every P5 team they've played. Coach locked in to a laughable 10 year contract.
  • Colorado: Mike Sanford is their head coach. Let that sink in.
  • Miami: Whipped at home by Middle Tennessee State a couple weeks after being ranked. MTSU went on to lose to UTSA.
  • Texas AM: Squeaked by aforementioned Miami and Arkansas. Lost to App State while ranked in the top 10 and recently whipped by Miss St.
  • Pitt: Lost at home as 20+ point favorites to GT who recently fired their coach.
  • Oklahoma: Embarrassed by TCU a week after losing to KSU.
  • Wisconsin: Destroyed by Illinois at home (rushed for 2 yards) a week after being destroyed by OSU. Fired their coach. In last place in the B1G West.
  • Northwestern: Two years after winning the division, they've lost at home to teams from the MAC and FCS MVC. Their only win is over...
  • Nebraska: No explanation necessary.

"MSU: Pretty much dominated by every P5 team they've played. Coach locked in to a laughable 10 year contract.
Colorado: Mike Sanford is their head coach. Let that sink in."

Certainly agree with those two picks. After we handled them easily, we lost just as easily at home, on our homecoming, to an unranked team. Humbling for MSU and UC.

Feeling worse? Lol, every team you could list has at least won a conference title in the last 50 years. We haven't even done that. I don't even see that on the horizon. It is entertainment. Enjoy going to the games and have fun. Don't worry about the conference title that is never going to happen. This is as good as it gets.

Ski - U- Mah !!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom