Falling off the Bandwagon?

The Representative

Reaction score
Despite the team looking lackluster, it seems there’s a rash of homers and a slew of people hanging off the edge of the bandwagon. Although I, “perceivably” understand, I wonder if people would suggest similar sediments if we had won the game 31-28? In my opinion, I’d suggest, “no.” So…I don’t feel it’s necessary to bash nor praise the team, however it’s probably more appropriate to merely take the team “with a grain of salt.” In which case, I will continue to support the team each week, I won’t leave games early, and I cross my fingers each and every week with the idea we’ll make baby steps towards becoming bowl eligible.

Earlier in the year, and after watching the spring game, I was confident this was a mediocre team, however with the combination of a new stadium, an enthusiastic coach, and some upgrades in terms of athletes, I was, and still am, excited to see what’s-in-store. Each and every year, I support the team week-in and week-out, yet fully knowing that this year's team isn’t to the same caliber as an Ohio State, Penn State, or Michigan. Conversely, like a lot of supporters, I’m disappointed with various facets of the team, most specifically; the O-line, but feel Blunders and Nick Tow-Arnett have done a commendable job. Additionally, I feel DJ Burris should be considered over Carufel. Careful is a lunger and a whiffer. On the other hand, our DTs and linebacking corp are solid. Our QB is good, however he is making too many emotional decisions, which is a direct result of poor protection, and an inability to rely on his wide-receivers-outside of Decker and “sordof” Green. We have some athletes in the secondary, but some seem they would’ve benefited from a redshirt year. All-in-all, I “don’t think this is the year,” and with the current leadership I don’t know if next year is either. In the meantime, I’ll watch the season with 2 eyes. One of them being, unfortunately, "cynical," the other being a fan. Until next week…

I think it's possible to both accept where the program is at, and hope for the best. Some got caught up and expected things that were possible but unlikely. Most of the college football world had us at 6-6 give or take. This is what a 6-6 team looks like. Some see it as failure, I see it as part of the growth, a step in the right direction but evidence we're no where near where we are headed.

I don't think you can judge anyone too harshly on what they say for 24 hours or so after a tough loss. Perspective doesn't usually come until all the emotion has worked itself out of their systems. Personally I wait to post until I've had a chance to digest everything and think about it, but some people choose to vent here instead.

Normally I think they reign themselves back in from the extremes after a few days.

I don't think you can judge anyone too harshly on what they say for 24 hours or so after a tough loss. Perspective doesn't usually come until all the emotion has worked itself out of their systems. Personally I wait to post until I've had a chance to digest everything and think about it, but some people choose to vent here instead.

Normally I think they reign themselves back in from the extremes after a few days.

Agreed.

true that...ill admit i was irate after the loss Ive mellowed out though and have began looking at the bigger picture.

It's been more than 24 hours....:banghead:

It's been more than 24 hours....:banghead:
Well, 24 - 48 hours then. Realistically though the most apoplectic stuff was posted right in the shadow of the game. The tenor around here has mellowed considerably since then.

The way I see it...games like the last one hurt a lot. But it will make a victory of Wisconsin, whenever that will be, that much sweeter.

Top Bottom