Examples of true freshman starting QB's

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Can people provide examples of true freshman QBs who have started in the Big Ten (or other BCS conferences)? To my (limited) knowledge, the only ones I can recall have been extremely highly ranked recruits, Forcier at Michigan and Pryor at tOSU.

Anyone else?

Can people provide examples of true freshman QBs who have started in the Big Ten (or other BCS conferences)? To my (limited) knowledge, the only ones I can recall have been extremely highly ranked recruits, Forcier at Michigan and Pryor at tOSU.

Anyone else?

Foggie.

Matt Barkley
Robert Bolden
Carson Palmer
Jake Plummer
Kyle Boller
Rob Johnson
Drew Bledsoe
John Elway
Chad Henne
Braxton Miller
Tommy Rees
Gabe Gross
Kodi Burns
Wally Richardson
Tyler Bray

Taylor Martinez
Denard Robinson

Need we go on?

Purdue started true Frosh Sean Robinson a couple games last year and Curtis Painter (now a starter in the NFL as of this week) started as a true frosh in 2005.

Chris Leak
Pat Bostick
Latrez Harrison
Chase Rettig
Dave Shinskie
Chas Dodd
Tanner Price

Thanks guys, I guess if Max starts it puts him in pretty good company.

Sorry, Taylor Martinez was a redshirt freshman.

I will add to the list however, Tommie Frazier

Not only did Tommie Frazier start day 1 his Fr year...but he lead the Huskers to 4 straight New Year Day bowls and back to back national titles including what many, including me, believe the be the best college football team of the Modern era...the 1995 Nebraska Team. Watched them live 3 times that year and it was incredible the speed, power and skill on that team, and Tommie was the best player...which is saying alot when they had 11 drafted off the team. Too bad he had those blood clots and had to quit football. He would have had a chance to change the QB position in the NFL...he was that good IMO.

Posts like this make me chuckle and realize how clueless some people are when it comes to the basic facts of this program. I mean anyone who follows B10 football knows AW was redshirted.

But, but....he's a TRUE Gopher Football fan!

Normally when a true freshman starts it means one of three things:
1) he's really good
2) the starter is hurt
3) the team sucks (QB included)

It is really a push between 2 and 3

Top Bottom