ESPN - Memo to Bears: Go "Fisch"

I keep reading how they should go after Fisch and Bates, but wouldn't Bates be the offensive coordinator and Fisch just be an offensive assistant? Maybe QB coach? I guess I just don't see it happening unless Fisch was offered the O-coordinator position, otherwise it seems like he's moving down, not up.

Wow. I don't want another coordinator change, but if it happens, I hope it happens soon. Otherwise, we're going to have a tough time finding anyone to take the job. Maybe Fisch is just an NFL guy, plain and simple. There's an article in the Sporting News this week about college coaches who make the jump to the NFL, etc. I just eyeballed it and didn't read indepth, but I think the jist was the college and pro games are different enough that success in one doesn't guarantee success in the other. Is there a chance someone on the staff is promoted to o coordinator and we hire a QB coach or do we definitely need to hire someone as OC?

This would be a real bummer to lose Fisch just as he may be getting over the growing pains of becoming an OC. Investing a year in him and watching him struggle a bit at times was manageable mostly because we knew he could be a good OC at some point.

I keep reading how they should go after Fisch and Bates, but wouldn't Bates be the offensive coordinator and Fisch just be an offensive assistant? Maybe QB coach? I guess I just don't see it happening unless Fisch was offered the O-coordinator position, otherwise it seems like he's moving down, not up.
Depends on whether or not he thinks his future is secure here. Also moving from a second to third tier college team to the NFL kind of skews that adjustment a little. If he heads there and does a good job with Cutler he could parlay that into a shot at an NFL OC position. That's probably not going to happen if he stays at Minnesota.

Depends on whether or not he thinks his future is secure here. Also moving from a second to third tier college team to the NFL kind of skews that adjustment a little. If he heads there and does a good job with Cutler he could parlay that into a shot at an NFL OC position. That's probably not going to happen if he stays at Minnesota.

I believe Linehan went from Louisville's OC to the Vikings OC. So it happens.

Are you Jedd Fisch's mother? He was an epic failure.

There, there here is the attention you have been trying to get this past week with your over the top posting.

Now less trying so hard... (dots .. well .. you .. know )

There, there here is the attention you have been trying to get this past week with your over the top posting.

Now less trying so hard... (dots .. well .. you .. know )
Would you term the offense a success then? By what measure?

He very well may be held back by personnel, but at this point the best you can say about him is that he's an unknown quantity.

"Epic failure" is over the top. Unknown quantity is probably the best description.

I think you can qualify his work this season as an abyssmal failure without necessarily branding him an abyssmal failure.

Our offense was very, very bad this year and, in my humble opinion, not enough changes were made to account for potential deficiencies in personnel.

So he failed this year. It doesn't mean he can't learn from this season and be a an opposite-of-abyssmal success in 2010 and beyond.

I think you can qualify his work this season as an abyssmal failure without necessarily branding him an abyssmal failure.

Our offense was very, very bad this year and, in my humble opinion, not enough changes were made to account for potential deficiencies in personnel.

So he failed this year. It doesn't mean he can't learn from this season and be a an opposite-of-abyssmal success in 2010 and beyond.

Exactly. See: Withers, Everett

Not promising it happens but nothing saying he can't improve (at least I hope to god he can improve!)

If indeed Pete Carrol does take the Seattle job and brings Bates with him, as mentioned, then Fisch to the Bears might actually happen if Chicago feels like things are slipping away.

Interesting. Very interesting.

Top Bottom