ESPN: Kansas men's basketball players set to profit off Jayhawks' 'Barnstorming Tour'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Myron:

After winning the national championship last week, Kansas is doing what past champions could not do: cashing in.

The Kansas "Barnstorming Tour" will begin on April 23 at a high school in Wichita, Kansas. For tickets ranging from $30 to $125, fans can get autographs, participate in a Q&A session, join a skills training session and attend a VIP dinner.

All tickets include an autograph from players, and pictures are available with an extra fee.

New NIL rules have allowed Kansas to be the first college basketball team to make money off its national title run. Per Front Office Sports, players will get 70% of the revenue on the tour and 100% of the revenue from items that are auctioned.

Christian Braun, David McCormack, Ochai Agbaji (Most Outstanding Player), DaJuan Harris Jr. and Jalen Wilson are all set to participate, according to the tour's website.

Go Gophers!!

per Myron:

After winning the national championship last week, Kansas is doing what past champions could not do: cashing in.

The Kansas "Barnstorming Tour" will begin on April 23 at a high school in Wichita, Kansas. For tickets ranging from $30 to $125, fans can get autographs, participate in a Q&A session, join a skills training session and attend a VIP dinner.

All tickets include an autograph from players, and pictures are available with an extra fee.

New NIL rules have allowed Kansas to be the first college basketball team to make money off its national title run. Per Front Office Sports, players will get 70% of the revenue on the tour and 100% of the revenue from items that are auctioned.

Christian Braun, David McCormack, Ochai Agbaji (Most Outstanding Player), DaJuan Harris Jr. and Jalen Wilson are all set to participate, according to the tour's website.

Go Gophers!!
Holy smokes. That's it. It's time to rehang our Final Four banners. We weren't cheating, we were just a little ahead of our time.

I couldn't imagine paying someone so they will take a picture with me. NIL is pretty cringe

Wild Willy Self!!!!!

The end is upon major college sports.

I couldn't imagine paying someone so they will take a picture with me. NIL is pretty cringe

Knowing how fans throughout Kansas view their Jayhawks, and a national championship team in particular, the line to pay for this will wrap around buildings.

Go Gophers!!

Holy smokes. That's it. It's time to rehang our Final Four banners. We weren't cheating, we were just a little ahead of our time.
Academic fraud is a lot worse than under the table payments IMO.

Academic fraud is a lot worse than under the table payments IMO.
What we were doing was not that bad. Hang the banners. The whole system is filled with corner cutting which we were doing- as were others.

Nope. Cheating is cheating. In the context of the ncaa.
In the context of the NCAA, sure. But for me personally I see a much bigger issue with academic fraud as that can harm others whereas a hundred dollar handshake type thing harms nobody.

As far as I know NIL has not changed the fact that you are supposed to do your own homework. And yes I understand plenty of that stuff goes on everywhere, and at least in the case of UNC, to a much greater scale than what happened here.

Actually, this is what NIL is supposed to be about. I agree that it would not be worth it for me to pay to get my picture taken with a college player but I am sure there are plenty of fans who would. I have zero issues with something like this and players getting paid to take part in it.

I am sure NIL is getting used in all kinds of shady ways in football and basketball but in this particular case this would be a prime example of NIL being used exactly as it was intended to be used.

Not really big on the autographs and dinner thing personally but I love the idea of doing a tour around the state. Good opportunity for people especially families that can't make the trip to Lawrence for a game. Gotta imagine kids will love the skills clinic they're doing, hopefully this type of thing becomes the norm with title winners.

As a college basketball nerd, I'd love to see more open practices in general but I know they have limited amount of practice time due to NCAA rules.

Not really big on the autographs and dinner thing personally but I love the idea of doing a tour around the state. Good opportunity for people especially families that can't make the trip to Lawrence for a game. Gotta imagine kids will love the skills clinic they're doing, hopefully this type of thing becomes the norm with title winners.

As a college basketball nerd, I'd love to see more open practices in general but I know they have limited amount of practice time due to NCAA rules.
No reason to limit something like this to title winners. If you have a local fanbase that will come out and support it, it is a great opportunity for the players to cash in on the opportunities that are now available to them through NIL.

Like I said in my other post, this is a perfect example of what NIL should be, to go along with all the examples we already have of NIL being used in more underhanded ways.

Top Bottom