ESPN: Big Ten Week 4 bowl projections (New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

College Football Playoff: Ohio State

Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual: Michigan State

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl: Michigan

Outback Bowl: Iowa

National University Holiday Bowl: Wisconsin

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Northwestern

New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Minnesota

Foster Farms Bowl: Nebraska

Quick Lane Bowl: Penn State

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl: Indiana

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...ek-4-bowl-projections-how-bout-those-hoosiers

Go Gophers!!

ESPN's ACC blog has NC State in the Pinstripe Bowl, setting up a rematch of the classic 2000 Micronpc.com Bowl.

Crowd would be nonexistent

NYC in December = No attendance. Who ever thought this or Detroit was a good idea. It worked last year due to the teams but I have zero interest in this. Yuck.

NYC in December = No attendance. Who ever thought this or Detroit was a good idea. It worked last year due to the teams but I have zero interest in this. Yuck.

Correct. If you have regional fanbases it makes sense. But you just have so many things working against this game: weather, NYC being one of the most expensive cities on the planet, the fact that's it played in a stadium not even designed for watching football, it's easily the worst bowl in the B1G rotation (unless you're one of the far Eastern teams). Of course there's no doubt why Delaney wanted it in the rotation. At least with the new tiered selection process, the pain of this game should get spread evenly among the league fanbases, unlike the old days when the same team might get picked 3 out of 4 years or so.

I'd be amazed if anyone west of Michigan was picked for the Pinstripe Bowl. Delaney has made it sound like it is an eastern division bowl game.

I'd be amazed if anyone west of Michigan was picked for the Pinstripe Bowl. Delaney has made it sound like it is an eastern division bowl game.

Wrong. The contract calls for 6 different teams to appear over the 8 years of the deal. When you figure that a team like OSU will probably never be bad enough to fall that low in the pecking order, then you sure as hell will see some of the mediocre West teams make their token appearances in the Big Apple.

Wrong. The contract calls for 6 different teams to appear over the 8 years of the deal. When you figure that a team like OSU will probably never be bad enough to fall that low in the pecking order, then you sure as hell will see some of the mediocre West teams make their token appearances in the Big Apple.

How many teams are in the B1G East?

You holding your breath for IU to make a bowl? [emoji3]. This could be the year, though! I also highly doubt we'll see MSU in pinstripes territory anytime soon. Bottom line, I surely hope it stays in the East, but I bet we'll see an Illinois, NW, or MN appearance at some point.

7, one of whom has been to one bowl in the last 20+ years.

Then you have OSU, which will never fall that low in the pecking order, and MSU is in the the process of winning double digit games for the 5th time in 6 seasons, with a Top 15-20 national recruiting class to boot. And if Michigan doesn't go this year, it's unlikely they'll be in that tier of bowl prospects any time soon.

That leaves 3 reasonable candidates, only 2 of whom can make repeat appearances (and Rutgers and Maryland aren't exactly looking like can't-miss bowl prospects these days).

Meanwhile, you have the cone of suck that is the B1G West, featuring powerhouses like Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue and Illinois.

Nope, you're probably right. OSU, MSU, and Michigan will get sent East so the Outback and Holiday can take Minnesota and Northwestern every year.

Seems logical.

You holding your breath for IU to make a bowl? [emoji3]. This could be the year, though! I also highly doubt we'll see MSU in pinstripes territory anytime soon. Bottom line, I surely hope it stays in the East, but I bet we'll see an Illinois, NW, or MN appearance at some point.

Since Maryland and Rutger joined, 9 and 11 teams have won 3 or more conference games in the Big Ten. That is about 5 teams in each division. Indiana has to go 2-6 and has Maryland, Rutgers, and Purdue on it's schedule.

Purdue, Maryland, & Rutgers are almost eliminated from Bowl Eligibility already.

Top Bottom