ESPN: B1G's best coaches at 50 (Minnesota: Henry Williams)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Let's look at how Urban Meyer stacks up with the Big Ten's winningest coaches at age 50:

Henry Williams
50th birthday: July 26, 1919
Record: 128-22-11 at Army and Minnesota (123-21-10 at Minnesota
National titles: 1 (1904)
League titles: 8
Undefeated seasons: 5
10-win seasons: 3
Losing seasons: 0

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/103506/the-b1gs-best-coaches-at-age-50

Go Gophers!!

I've already emailed Rittenberg to point out that he left out Bernie Bierman who turned 50 in 1944. I think 5 B10 titles and 3 National Championships should get mentioned.

I've already emailed Rittenberg to point out that he left out Bernie Bierman who turned 50 in 1944. I think 5 B10 titles and 3 National Championships should get mentioned.

In 1944 he was off fighting Nazis and not coaching.

In 1944 he was off fighting Nazis and not coaching.

Beat that Urban Meyer. And you will never be as great of a coaching success as Bernie Bierman was. Was a damn fine college football player at the U of M as well. Bierman......a legendary coach who gets far fewer historical accolades than he should and deserves to be on the pantheon of coaches with guys like Yost, Stagg, Wilkinson, Switzer, Osborne, McKay, Bryant, Hayes. He truly was one of the greatest college football coaches of all time.....past, present or future. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Beat that Urban Meyer. And you will never be as great of a coaching success as Bernie Bierman was. Was a damn fine college football player at the U of M as well. Bierman......a legendary coach who gets far fewer historical accolades than he should and deserves to be on the pantheon of coaches with guys like Yost, Stagg, Wilkinson, Switzer, Osborne, McKay, Bryant, Hayes. He truly was one of the greatest college football coaches of all time.....past, present or future. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

:clap::clap::clap: for sure. A standing ovulation for Bernie Bierman

Top Bottom