ESPN: Auburn Tigers extend men's basketball coach Bruce Pearl 'for life'; contract has a total value of $50.2 million.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Auburn coach Bruce Pearl has agreed to a new eight-year contract to remain on the Plains through 2030.

The deal is worth $5.4 million per year, with a $250,000 annual escalator, athletic director Allen Greene announced Saturday. The deal will max out at $7.15 million during the 2029-30 season and has a total value of $50.2 million.

"We locked him up," Greene said in a video with Pearl that was posted to social media on Friday night.

Pearl, 61, said the new deal "wasn't that hard" to agree on.

"The family and I are going to be able to stay and be your basketball coach for a long, long time," Pearl said in the video. "I'm grateful. I'm humbled and I'm blessed to be your coach."

Go Gophers!!

He is a snake.
Not respected by his peers. Terrible thing when your peers do not respect you as a person. So awesome that the year after cheating UVA knocked them out of the final 4 and he made a fool of himself. Sure does know coaching though.

Not respected by his peers. Terrible thing when your peers do not respect you as a person. So awesome that the year after cheating UVA knocked them out of the final 4 and he made a fool of himself. Sure does know coaching though.
Hope he wins the title and uva is one of their opponents in the ncaa.

per ESPN:

Auburn coach Bruce Pearl has agreed to a new eight-year contract to remain on the Plains through 2030.

The deal is worth $5.4 million per year, with a $250,000 annual escalator, athletic director Allen Greene announced Saturday. The deal will max out at $7.15 million during the 2029-30 season and has a total value of $50.2 million.

"We locked him up," Greene said in a video with Pearl that was posted to social media on Friday night.

Pearl, 61, said the new deal "wasn't that hard" to agree on.

"The family and I are going to be able to stay and be your basketball coach for a long, long time," Pearl said in the video. "I'm grateful. I'm humbled and I'm blessed to be your coach."

Go Gophers!!
#WINATANYCOSTBRUCE
#WINATANYCOSTAUBURN

Just win baby.
Ya, but not blatantly cheating every where you go to the point of getting caught. Not being slimey.
You talk to him and you check your pockets to make sure money, cards and phone are still present and you desperately feel the need to shower.
Spend a couple hours with him and see if you're still on board.

Ya, but not blatantly cheating every where you go to the point of getting caught. Not being slimey.
You talk to him and you check your pockets to make sure money, cards and phone are still present and you desperately feel the need to shower.
Spend a couple hours with him and see if you're still on board.
Coach K, anyone?

Coach K, anyone?
Coach K is arrogant, delusional, entitled, lives a double standard and has never been wrong but he's won. For most he's very respected and meeting him is an instagram moment.
I described the difference of meeting Pearl.

Coach K is arrogant, delusional, entitled, lives a double standard and has never been wrong but he's won. For most he's very respected and meeting him is an instagram moment.
I described the difference of meeting Pearl.
Your perception of the two is interesting. K is a cheater. Has been. Will Avery. Corey Magettee.

Hope Pearl wins it all.

I want neither of them to win it all. Plenty of good people to root for. Don't know why you'd root for either of them.

You should root for Zaga or Nova instead of known cheaters, but that's just me. Not sure of your agenda.

You should root for Zaga or Nova instead of known cheaters, but that's just me. Not sure of your agenda.
Thanks for telling who to cheer for. Pearl is a great coach. No difference in liking him from K, Williams, self, on and on. College game is dirty and has been for decades. NCAA chooses winners and losers.

As I said, I don't like or cheer for K, Williams, etc. Anyone who's a known cheat. By your reasoning, since you root for Pearl, you should root for those guys too.

As I said, I don't like or cheer for K, Williams, etc. Anyone who's a known cheat. By your reasoning, since you root for Pearl, you should root for those guys too.
You must have a darn short list to root for, by your reasoning. I dont like K, Self, or Williams. Pearl I like.

Pearl was banned, and now #1. Whatever happened to the rags to riches story?

He wins. The competitive playing field isn't level. Hasn't been, perhaps forever. See : Roy and UNC. Go Heels!

MN went down a path of self destruction post Haskins. Open the doors, open the books, let em all in. You can say that is the ethical thing to do. You bet. Just dont expect to compete against the UNC's of the world.

Instead, wonder why Monson struggled so bad.

I want neither of them to win it all. Plenty of good people to root for. Don't know why you'd root for either of them.
Several huge winners to cheer for that are known for not cheating. Wright,Bennett, Beard, Few. Hell Bennett got the final 4 and the National Title, 5 ACC regular season titles. In his time at UVA K has one ACC title ! Wright has two National titles, Beard is getting his. Ben Johnson is not cheating.

Top Bottom