Ersery is coming back

Why did bro decide to start it off sounding like every transfer post ever written. I swear any time a guy starts off by thanking his teammates and coaches for where he is today and then says “with that being said…” it’s a guy who is longggggg gone.

Why did bro decide to start it off sounding like every transfer post ever written. I swear any time a guy starts off by thanking his teammates and coaches for where he is today and then says “with that being said…” it’s a guy who is longggggg gone.
I agree....I think it is sad we have hit a point where players have to announce they are coming back but you would think they could at least not word it in a way that makes it seem like they are leaving. I am sure some are doing it to build suspense or whatever but those first paragraphs do tend to read exactly like the ones guys post when they are leaving.

These are marketing pieces for DT Athletes to catch attention and maybe some more donations. Notice how all of them say they're coming back for another with Dinkytown Athletes and not the Gophers?

Last edited:

These are marketing pieces for DT Athletests to catch attention and maybe some more donations. Notice how all of them say they coming back for another with Dinkytown Athletes and not the Gophers?
I think it is great that they are doing what they can to gain exposure for Dinkytown Athletes because those collectives are going to be really important in this current landscape.

Still think they could present them differently though and have the same effect. Not really sure what is gained with the bait and switch. But it is what it is....as long as the players are coming back it doesn't really matter how the announcement is worded.

These are marketing pieces for DT Athletests to catch attention and maybe some more donations. Notice how all of them say they coming back for another with Dinkytown Athletes and not the Gophers?

They also all say that. People are upset at how he announced he’s staying.

I think it is great that they are doing what they can to gain exposure for Dinkytown Athletes because those collectives are going to be really important in this current landscape.

Still think they could present them differently though and have the same effect. Not really sure what is gained with the bait and switch. But it is what it is....as long as the players are coming back it doesn't really matter how the announcement is worded.

Yeah, DTA is definitely trying to insert a bit of a shock factor in these Tweets as if it was a hard decision and DTA was the deciding factor. As a fan, I'd rather see excitement and commitment...at least lie to me a little!

Nonetheless, I'm really happy to see big cat Ersery on the team and more. A consistently good o-line is a differentiator for the Gophs which can also serve as an attraction for skill positions.

I read the article that Bleed posted yesterday where Burns was saying that some of these guys are announcing their continued commitment to Minnesota and DTA to call off the dogs and poachers from other schools that have approached them. Sure, the initial wording may cause a panic attack in Gopher fans but it just might be a fun little FU directed at those staffs that are tampering.

Supposedly, Fleck has turned some of them in for tampering, although we all know nothing will ever happen.

I read the article that Bleed posted yesterday where Burns was saying that some of these guys are announcing their continued commitment to Minnesota and DTA to call off the dogs and poachers from other schools that have approached them. Sure, the initial wording may cause a panic attack in Gopher fans but it just might be a fun little FU directed at those staffs that are tampering.

Supposedly, Fleck has turned some of them in for tampering, although we all know nothing will ever happen.
These tweets are not an outward profession of allegiance to the Gophers but an indication that they’re staying because of $. That seems MORE prone to tampering as is suggests another program can offer more and they’re gone.

Doesn’t it sit wrong with longtime Gopher fans that they’re saying they are returning for DTA and not because of the Gooher program?

These tweets are not an outward profession of allegiance to the Gophers but an indication that they’re staying because of $. That seems MORE prone to tampering as is suggests another program can offer more and they’re gone.

Doesn’t it sit wrong with longtime Gopher fans that they’re saying they are returning for DTA and not because of the Gooher program?

The ones who spend every moment looking for something to be offended by? They're never gonna be happy about anything.

Oh, I noticed that "Gooher" part too.:giggle:

I agree....I think it is sad we have hit a point where players have to announce they are coming back but you would think they could at least not word it in a way that makes it seem like they are leaving. I am sure some are doing it to build suspense or whatever but those first paragraphs do tend to read exactly like the ones guys post when they are leaving.
I read yesterday, that PJ has been turning in teams that are trying to “illegally poach” his players or something. And the posts from Taylor, Jackson and now Ersery are kind of a middle finger to the teams who contacted them

Why wouldn’t he be coming back? Was he thinking about leaving early for the NFL?

I just assumed he would be back.

Because I'm old, I hold to the mindset that most players will be back to complete their eligibility. This mindset doesn't mesh with the new portal reality. I'll change... if I have to.

They also all say that. People are upset at how he announced he’s staying.
They are all doing that. Kids love the drama and suspense. It's also a poke at the kids leaving I'm sure. They are also announcing to tell poachers as well. Welcome to 2023 in College Football. Year around cycle like the NFL is now here.

Dude has 2 years left if he wants them, but gotta think he's on the NFL radar after next season.

They are all doing that. Kids love the drama and suspense. It's also a poke at the kids leaving I'm sure. They are also announcing to tell poachers as well. Welcome to 2023 in College Football. Year around cycle like the NFL is now here.
Its a concerted effort to bring attention to DTA. I love it. Smart marketing move.

Its a concerted effort to bring attention to DTA. I love it. Smart marketing move.
Exactly. We're sitting here talking about DTA more than we would if the announcements were worded different.

Odd that people are struggling with this concept. The whole point is gathering the most attention on DTA.

Exactly. We're sitting here talking about DTA more than we would if the announcements were worded different.

Odd that people are struggling with this concept. The whole point is gathering the most attention on DTA.

Yep. And I’m sure Fleck and Co were aware these guys were staying and encourage these posts as they work closely with DTA. Good work by all involved

Top Bottom