Eric Musselman

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
Would he leave Arkansas after one year?

What would it take to get him here?

Lol this is laughable. Muss is fine, but not worth a 5 mill buy out plus 3-4 mill a year paycheck that it would take to get him here.

I'm a Pitino backer, but I don't think his seat has ever been hotter. I didn't realize there was a $5 million dollar buyout. But in today's world, is that really prohibitive?

I would much rather have a young up and coming coach who is from the midwest like Ben McCollum.

I wouldnt say its over reacting when all five of minnesotas top recruits go somewhere else. Thats unbelievable.

We as in Golden Gopher season ticket holder, someone who cheers for the Gophers.

We probably missed our shot at him last year.

Does not matter. We have a coach with that kind of father.
This would be accurate if we were on the Louisville board rather than the Gopherhole.
Rick Pitino didn't bring shame to UMN like Bill Musselman did.
Personally, I'd take Ryan Saunders or Bickerstaff before Musselman.

This would be accurate if we were on the Louisville board rather than the Gopherhole.
Rick Pitino didn't bring shame to UMN like Bill Musselman did.
Personally, I'd take Ryan Saunders or Bickerstaff before Musselman.

I would too, but I don’t think any of the three are possible. I’d take Craig Smith and many others over Mussulman. I’m not a huge Musselman guy though

Mussleman was who I wanted last year, but I was being anti-gopher. On the other hand, Musselman's teams are hard nosed, well-coached and he has a 113-34 record as a coach. That's not much of an upgrade as to what we have now, so who cares!

Musslemen is not what is needed, Craig Smith looks like as solid of an option as we could hope for.

Ok, I'll bite, why would Mussleman not be needed?
Let’s see how he does at Arkansas. Nevada is a very good job for its conference. Muss knows hoops but I don’t think he was a good fit here. We need a guy willing to build it correctly. I personally think Richard is doing it right now with our past two recruiting classes. Craig Smith would build it right imo as well. Muss takes shortcuts and is always looking to move on.

Let’s see how he does at Arkansas. Nevada is a very good job for its conference. Muss knows hoops but I don’t think he was a good fit here. We need a guy willing to build it correctly. I personally think Richard is doing it right now with our past two recruiting classes. Craig Smith would build it right imo as well. Muss takes shortcuts and is always looking to move on.
Yup I think Pitino has learned from his past mistakes with recruiting high risk high reward type players: ie Bakari Kanate (sure he was a great kid but had bricks for hands).

I like the upside of Williams and Ihnen with the 19 class and Mitchell and Mashburn Jr. should both be solid out of the 20 class. Just don't know if Coyle will extend Pitino provided mediocre 2020-21 campaign.

Muss takes shortcuts........I'll bite again. How does he take shortcuts?

As far as moving on, well yes, anyone at Nevada is looking to move up.

Muss takes shortcuts........I'll bite again. How does he take shortcuts?

As far as moving on, well yes, anyone at Nevada is looking to move up.
Takes shortcuts in not taking all high character kids. I will be interested to see if he could recruit with some actual academic restrictions.

Takes shortcuts in not taking all high character kids. I will be interested to see if he could recruit with some actual academic restrictions.
We have had plenty of those. Now that you think that Pitino has done it right with the last two classes, do you think that he will build a actual successful contender here ?

Ihnen and Williams look like they have potential, but neither will be difference makers. Greenlee and Freeman are hardly playing. Not sure that’s building it right.

Ihnen and Williams look like they have potential, but neither will be difference makers. Greenlee and Freeman are hardly playing. Not sure that’s building it right.
Not all kids play as freshman. Not all will pan out. The idea is that you develop them and get into a little more reloading. You need also need to get guys like Daniel that start as freshman as well. Only so many guys get to play.

Top Bottom