Eric Curry's New Gig

Mulligan

Reaction score
From the Strib: What a class act, and I hope this will lead to great opportunities for him. What might have been.

Eric Curry was the heart and soul of Gophers basketball during his six seasons with the program, so it was almost like he never left Minnesota when he came back to town this week.

At Big Ten media days in Minneapolis, Curry was able to reconnect with his former coach Ben Johnson and teammate Jamison Battle, who represented the Gophers at Target Center.

The next phase of Curry's life doesn't involve playing or coaching basketball, but he's been excited about the chance to build a career in another side of the college sports landscape.

After graduating with his master's degree in the spring, the 24-year-old Memphis native accepted a position in the Big Ten's fellowship program to work with Commissioner Kevin Warren's staff in Chicago.

"The opportunity [Warren] presented me was definitely the best route and something I see myself doing in the future," Curry said. "The great part of the fellowship is I get to work with any department in the conference that I want to. It's about my interests and where I see a fit."

Curry's currently working in the events and operations department in the Big Ten, which put together the league's first ever media day in Minneapolis.

"We're also doing events like the Big Ten tournaments and Big Ten [football] championship," Curry said. "It's a two-year thing. And I can change and go in a different direction in the second year. The commissioner is super busy, but he's been amazing."

Ideal fellowship for Eric. Do what needs to be done wherever it needs to be done. That is right up his alley. They sky is the limit for him.

Top Bottom