Eligibilty Clock

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
With the Post-secondary option (PSO) juniors and seniors can take college courses, or enroll full-time. They earn both high school and college credit, and continue to play on their high school teams.

When does the clock start for those students. I, for one know a varsity swimmer who is enrolled at Concordia as an 11th grader.

With the Post-secondary option (PSO) juniors and seniors can take college courses, or enroll full-time. They earn both high school and college credit, and continue to play on their high school teams.

When does the clock start for those students. I, for one know a varsity swimmer who is enrolled at Concordia as an 11th grader.

I would think it would be right after they graduate from high school. I don't know for certain, but would think so. If they are playing a varsity sport at a high school, their eligibility clock shouldn't start. Could be wrong though.

Bryce Harper is a 17 year old who is proclaimed to be the presumptive 1st overall pick in this year's MLB draft. He finished high school as a Sophomore by getting his GED in 2009 and thus making him eligible for the MLB draft. He is playing this year's season at the College of Southern Nevada.

Although he plays on a NJCAA team, I would imagine the NCAA requires at least a GED and enrollment in an institution (obviously) to start eligibility.

I would think it would be right after they graduate from high school. I don't know for certain, but would think so. If they are playing a varsity sport at a high school, their eligibility clock shouldn't start. Could be wrong though.

You need to enroll for the clock to start. If you don't go to college until 25 and never enrolled previously then you'll have your full eligibility. Its about enrollment in college, not when you graduate from HS.

Top Bottom