Early Mock Draft - Decker

Gopher53

Reaction score
I found an early mock draft on msn/foxsports that listed Decker going #40 overall to the Seahawks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mock-draft-version-1

Thoughts on this positioning? Where do you guys think he'll get selected? I think he could definitely go in round 2, but I would guess a little later and possibly even round 3, but who knows. Either way, it's nice to see his name up there. I hope the foot is healing nicely and look forward to watching him on Sundays!

Man, do I really hope that Sean Weatherspoon falls all the way the Vikes in the bottom of the 2nd round.

Nobody is taking Decker in round 2

I think round 2 is early as well. I think he will be a great pick in rd 3 and someone might even get a steal in round 4. But to be honest, I don't know enough about the rest of the WR class to make that prediction.

I think he will be taken anywhere from late 3rd to early 5th.

I guess they are thinking Jedd Fisch will have some pull in the draft, and that he is ignorant enough to take Decker with #40. I love Decker, but I think he is too injury prone and not fast enough to be picked that high. I see him falling to late 3rd round, or 4th.

Decker is really good, but can't stay on the field and has questionable speed, I would be really surprised if he goes before round 3...

I just hope he goes to......

Either Indy, NE.

Especially Indy. I think Peyton could make him his best, and he loves guys who run routes well and are tough. Check both of those for ED. Brady could also make the most of his talents.

That being said, if Favre comes back, go get him Vikes :)

I'd guess 3rd at the earliest and people will have to be convinced he's going to recover in time to contribute in 2010 for that to happen. He's a tremendous football player and he's going to make some money as a pro, but his injury (both in timing and type) couldn't have have happened at a worse time. With all the match-up thinking going on in professional passing games now, he's easily going to find a place with someone at the next level.

Decker is really good, but can't stay on the field and has questionable speed, I would be really surprised if he goes before round 3...

Lets be honest: if speed made a wide receiver, Heyward-Bey would have had more than 9 catches this season. Albeit, second round does seem really early, but I know Kiper's Big Board has always had him in the top 5 senior WRs.

The NFL knows that receivers need to be tough, run precise routes, have good hands and know how to adjust when the play breaks down. Decker rates highly on all of these and he has more than adequate speed for the NFL. I think some of these 2nd round predictions might come true. I'm guessing he's taken before the 2nd or 3rd are over.

Lets be honest: if speed made a wide receiver, Heyward-Bey would have had more than 9 catches this season. Albeit, second round does seem really early, but I know Kiper's Big Board has always had him in the top 5 senior WRs.
Speed does become an issue at a certain level though when it comes to getting separation.

Top Bottom