Early line for Opening Night

Well, I think I need more information. Are the three guys who sat out vs St Olaf gonna play?
Two of them? No Battle?
Game 1 Monday Western Michigan... WM Preview
Game 2 Friday St Francis Brooklyn
Game 3 Monday DePaul DePaul Preview
Game 4 Thursday Central Michigan
Game 5 Monday California Baptist
all at Williams Arena

My googling thinks we will cover in game 1. I'm expecting everybody to play except Battle.
If Battle doesn't play vs DePaul...minor foot surgery is a poor choice of words. Battle may get his feet wet vs St Francis...couldn't resist.

Most interesting thing about St Francis Brooklyn...they play St Thomas on the Sunday after.
2nd most..Google knows nothing about their current group beyond a roster and a schedule.

DePaul won their exhibition by 31 and scored 91 points...lost all their best players from last year. They had a nice season last year for them. They may surprise people this year. Most legit test of the first 5, I think? Bunch of transfers and a big time recruit debuts.

That Lamar Norman, 6’ 1” guard for Western Michigan, is a little scoring machine. Had 4 games last year of 30 or more points. Led the MAC in scoring. Assuming Cooper draws the assignment to start off? Good challenge out of the gate to see who can put some defense on him.

Well, I think I need more information. Are the three guys who sat out vs St Olaf gonna play?
Two of them? No Battle?
Game 1 Monday Western Michigan... WM Preview
Game 2 Friday St Francis Brooklyn
Game 3 Monday DePaul DePaul Preview
Game 4 Thursday Central Michigan
Game 5 Monday California Baptist
all at Williams Arena

My googling thinks we will cover in game 1.
If they all play- we'll win by 20.
I'm expecting everybody to play except Battle.
No Battle? 10-15
If Battle doesn't play vs DePaul...minor foot surgery is a poor choice of words. Battle may get his feet wet vs St Francis...couldn't resist.

Most interesting thing about St Francis Brooklyn...they play St Thomas on the Sunday after.
2nd most..Google knows nothing about their current group beyond a roster and a schedule.

DePaul won their exhibition by 31 and scored 91 points...lost all their best players from last year. They had a nice season last year for them. They may surprise people this year. Most legit test of the first 5, I think? Bunch of transfers and a big time recruit debuts.

All the Big Ten teams open up tomorrow, with Purdue being the exception.
Purdue Ft Wayne @ Michigan
Morehead @ Indiana
Northern Arizona @ Michigan State
Colombia @ Rutgers
Winthrop @ Penn State
Robert Morris @ Ohio State
Niagra @ Maryland
Bethune-Cookman @ Iowa
Chicago State @ Northwestern
Maine @ Nebraska
South Dakota @ Wisconsin
Eastern Illinois @ Illinois
Western Michigan @ Minnesota

All the Big Ten teams open up tomorrow, with Purdue being the exception.
Purdue Ft Wayne @ Michigan
Morehead @ Indiana
Northern Arizona @ Michigan State
Colombia @ Rutgers
Winthrop @ Penn State
Robert Morris @ Ohio State
Niagra @ Maryland
Bethune-Cookman @ Iowa
Chicago State @ Northwestern
Maine @ Nebraska
South Dakota @ Wisconsin
Eastern Illinois @ Illinois
Western Michigan @ Minnesota
I’m trying really hard to find an upset in there.

If Garcia & Battle are both out I’d put the Gophers at the top of the list, but since it’s assumed Garcia is playing I’d take a flyer on South Dakota over the Badgers. Maybe Winthrop over PSU?

If Garcia & Battle are both out I’d put the Gophers at the top of the list, but since it’s assumed Garcia is playing I’d take a flyer on South Dakota over the Badgers. Maybe Winthrop over PSU?
I'm thinking the Black Bears have a puncher's chance

Seeing 10.5 on DraftKings today for the Gophers.
12.5 for both the PSU and Wisconsin games.
Those look to be closest I could find on a quick search.
I’m too lazy to look up what Winthrop has coming back, but they have strung some good years together. 46-11 in the last two. Skip’s son, Mark Prosser, doing the coaching there.

10.5 right now seems awfully low. I took Gophers to cover.

Any up to the minute news on the injury situation with Battle, Garcia, Carrington?
Mainly on the last two, realize it’s going to be awhile on Jamison.

Noah Freidel (South Dakota State transfer) lighting it up for James Madison this afternoon. 17 points in the 1st half on 5-5 shooting , four 3 pointers as the Dukes take a 72-11 halftime lead over Valley Forge.

Top Bottom