Doubt there will be another BTT hosted here

As the host of visitors I’m basically obligated to sit through Badger Hell this afternoon.

Agree on the double. Good analogy.

The system of essentially forcing teams fans to purchase all session passes will guarantee selling a lot more tickets than people who will fill the stands. I’m okay with it since I’m into the game itself and hanging with people I don’t see often, but I’m a slim minority. If you have little kids or just need to get a normal nights sleep, eight games in two days is a load. But the B1G gets paid, so it’s all good. 🤔
Have fun, I'll have to get my steps in the regular way instead of through the Target Center corridors.

I'm glad I got to take in the Final BTT in which everyone was invited to the party. I wonder how that will impact the event in the future.

The thing about Indy and Chicago is that they're easy driving distance from multiple conference schools. We're definitely an outpost of the conference, as is the east coast. Centrally located does make sense for most years, but it also makes sense to rotate it to a big-city outpost once in a while. I think the Big Ten has gotten it right.

The rumblings I hear that concern me are about the venue and logistics. I've felt that Target Center is better than most people give it credit for but still not as good as an NBA facility ought to be and certainly not a showcase facility that ought to host something like this. If I were the Big Ten, I'd hold out coming back here until the U of M can offer up a better facility.
Why not Xcel?

I were the Big Ten, I'd hold out coming back here until the U of M can offer up a better facility.
I'm not sure how the U of M plays any role in this what so ever. I never have any sense at all that either Northwestern or Illinois are "hosts" in Chicago or have anything to do with it. The same goes for Indiana or Purdue when it's in Indianapolis.

I'm not sure how the U of M plays any role in this what so ever. I never have any sense at all that either Northwestern or Illinois are "hosts" in Chicago or have anything to do with it. The same goes for Indiana or Purdue when it's in Indianapolis.
I honestly don't know how it works.

Illini easily have the 2nd biggest fanbase that traveled to MPLS.
Disagree with that. Went down a couple of days:
1) Nebraska
2) Wisconsin
3) Minnesota
4) Illinois
5) Indiana
6) Purdue
7) Michigan state

Couldn’t really tell a difference between 8-14

Disagree with that. Went down a couple of days:
1) Nebraska
2) Wisconsin
3) Minnesota
4) Illinois
5) Indiana
6) Purdue
7) Michigan state

Couldn’t really tell a difference between 8-14
I specifically put "traveled" to Minneapolis, so I was not counting Minnesota.

I had Wisconsin #1. Visually I thought there was more Illini/Orange than Nebraska/Red on Friday, but tough to tell with Indiana/Scarlet blending in.

Yesterday, pretty close but still thought more Illini fans, but tough differentiate between Wisconsin having the same color.

Regardless, Nebraska traveled well. The newness of being a contender as well being in easy driving distance meant they represented well. It would be nice if they could notch their 1st NCAA Tournament win to reward their faithful.

Fun tournament. Some close games, a lot of scoring, a lot of great individual play (Shannon definitely the premier player). When Wisconsin was playing, the place looked and sounded like the kohl Center. Fortunately, yesterday, most everyone who was not a Badger fan was cheering for the Illini. Me too, for the first, last, and only time in my life. BUT, could not have stomached a Badger win. Tyler Wahl quoted as saying he went to Wisconsin “because I wanted to win.” Thanks Tyler.

I specifically put "traveled" to Minneapolis, so I was not counting Minnesota.

I had Wisconsin #1. Visually I thought there was more Illini/Orange than Nebraska/Red on Friday, but tough to tell with Indiana/Scarlet blending in.

Yesterday, pretty close but still thought more Illini fans, but tough differentiate between Wisconsin having the same color.

Regardless, Nebraska traveled well. The newness of being a contender as well being in easy driving distance meant they represented well. It would be nice if they could notch their 1st NCAA Tournament win to reward their faithful.
If you’re saying traveled to Minneapolis you can’t count Iowa or Wisconsin. All those fans live in wayzata, woodbury, and lakeville

If you’re saying traveled to Minneapolis you can’t count Iowa or Wisconsin. All those fans live in wayzata, woodbury, and lakeville
Not all of the Badger fans were from the Twins Cites metro. None had signs on their back indicating where they were from. I am sure there were also many from Eau Claire, Hudson, River Falls & Superior so the trip to Target Center was closer than to Kohl Center.

My hunch was there actually was more Badger Red in the arena (however far they traveled) on Thursday afternoon than Gopher Maroon & Gold, with both schools participating.

My initial comment was based on Williams Arena being 2.9 miles away from Target Center, thus going to a game there was quite minimally different for Gopher fans compared to any other team participating in the event.

I thought the Badgers were in trouble on Saturday when they were running out of Panthers. They rallied.

Not all of the Badger fans were from the Twins Cites metro. None had signs on their back indicating where they were from. I am sure there were also many from Eau Claire, Hudson, River Falls & Superior so the trip to Target Center was closer than to Kohl Center.

My hunch was there actually was more Badger Red in the arena (however far they traveled) on Thursday afternoon than Gopher Maroon & Gold, with both schools participating.

My initial comment was based on Williams Arena being 2.9 miles away from Target Center, thus going to a game there was quite minimally different for Gopher fans compared to any other team participating in the event.

I thought the Badgers were in trouble on Saturday when they were running out of Panthers. They rallied.
One Panther out of the game may have helped more than harmed them on Saturday.

I was making a joke

Nobody consider Hudson a part of WI. Badger fans made zero effort. Heck many Nebraska fans live here as well.

I was making a joke
My bad, I wasn't sure either way, so also was straggling the line with some sarcasm.

Been a lot of Gopher-Badger hostility in other threads (3 Billboards, LOL Wisconsin which was updated) so it's tough to parse out the joking sometimes.

All kidding aside, the loudest the place got (Wed - Sat) for a prolonged stretch was the end of the 1st half on Friday when Nebraska couldn't miss a shot.

The buzzer beater by Bucky at the end of regulation also brought the noise on Sat.

Last edited:

Nobody consider Hudson a part of WI. Badger fans made zero effort. Heck many Nebraska fans live here as well.
They sell New Glarus beer in Hudson, so it counts in my book. I usually go to Prescott though.

My bad, I wasn't sure either way, so also was straggling the line with some sarcasm.

Been a lot of Gopher-Badger hostility in other threads (3 Billboards, LOL Wisconsin which was updated) so it's tough to parse out the joking sometimes.

All kidding aside, the loudest the place got (Wed - Sat) for a prolonged stretch was the end of the 1st half on Friday when Nebraska couldn't miss a shot.

The buzzer beater by Bucky at the end of regulation also brought the noise on Sat.
I didn’t go Thursday or Sunday. My views are only based on Friday and Saturday vibes

Top Bottom