Doral Willis

Gophers15

Banned
Reaction score
ESPN has him as a verbal to us and on rivals he is still uncomitted.

Is he coming back here or whats the deal?

Rivals lists 4 schools of interest, none of which are us. ESPN lists verbal to us.

We'll have to wait til he signs.

Right, my point was the other 4 were medium, thus you'd think we weren't really in the running (or considering the 4 schools, maybe he can't maintain our academic standards). Either way, we'll see.

Where did Willis end up? ESPN still has him as a verbal to us...

I read somewhere about him possibly being a gray shirt to us. I have no idea how you would figure out if he is or isn't (assuming he doesn't sign with someone else).

On a side note, does anybody remember the center Josh Allen that we offered? Why did he not sign with us?

Don't understand why we wouldn't want this kid.....unless it's grades (like it was with Allen). He's 300+ pounds and supposedly runs a sub 5 second 40.....sign him up.

There is no way he runs a sub 5 40. I know it says he does, but I can almost gurantee he doesn't.

I said, "I can almost gurantee it". I say this because I happen to follow the NFL draft pretty closely and because I have been around Defensive lineman about 15 years of my life (playing and coaching).

It is exceedingly rare to find an NFL prospect who is close to 300 lbs who runs a 40 under 5.0. If there was a 300 lbs highschool kid from Florida who ran a legitimate 4.9 40, he would almost certainly be flooded with offers, it is really that rare.

Some of the most impressive athletes in the world, haven't been able to touch this mark.
Glenn Dorsey was 6'2" 315....ran the 40 in 5.13
BJ Raji ran the 40 in way over 5 (something like 5.25)
Peria Jerry....(1st rounder last year)...this guy was noted for his rare speed and impressive quickness....ran the 40 in 5.12

Now I started thinking, which is more likely:
(1) Doral Willis (a kid trying to decide between Bama St., and a greyshirt to MN) having some of the most impressive athleticism by any DT(especially 300 lbs DT) in the entire country. That he is quicker and faster than 1st Rd picks in the NFL; or
(2) that his number is inflated?

I said, "I can almost gurantee it". I say this because I happen to follow the NFL draft pretty closely and because I have been around Defensive lineman about 15 years of my life (playing and coaching).

It is exceedingly rare to find an NFL prospect who is close to 300 lbs who runs a 40 under 5.0. If there was a 300 lbs highschool kid from Florida who ran a legitimate 4.9 40, he would almost certainly be flooded with offers, it is really that rare.

Some of the most impressive athletes in the world, haven't been able to touch this mark.
Glenn Dorsey was 6'2" 315....ran the 40 in 5.13
BJ Raji ran the 40 in way over 5 (something like 5.25)
Peria Jerry....(1st rounder last year)...this guy was noted for his rare speed and impressive quickness....ran the 40 in 5.12

Now I started thinking, which is more likely:
(1) Doral Willis (a kid trying to decide between Bama St., and a greyshirt to MN) having some of the most impressive athleticism by any DT(especially 300 lbs DT) in the entire country. That he is quicker and faster than 1st Rd picks in the NFL; or
(2) that his number is inflated?

Aren't you confusing 40 time and speed with quickness. They are two completely different things. Someone with a 5.12 40 time may be as quick as someone in the 4.5 range.

On a side note, does anybody remember the center Josh Allen that we offered? Why did he not sign with us?

I remember someone saying that we wanted to grayshirt him, and he was not interested in that. He signed with Louisiana - Monroe.

Aren't you confusing 40 time and speed with quickness. They are two completely different things. Someone with a 5.12 40 time may be as quick as someone in the 4.5 range.

A 40 time is one way to measure speed and quickness. I understand that it isn't the end all of tests to determine speed and quickness, however, it was the measurement in question. In the thread, someone brought up that Willis is listed as running a 4.9 40, and I just said that seems incredibly unlikely, and brought up why I thought it was unlikely.

Top Bottom