Doogie and KSTP

wait!what?

Reaction score
What happened to the Doogie and John 1500 morning show? the past few mornings has been Mike and Mike at 7:30A. Time slot change?

ESPN took over. Doogie was a temp until that took over. So the good news for the local listeners is that we have yet another generic sports talk show, so we have even less coverage with a local angle, and even more (and more) meaningless talk about how the NFL schedule will shake out in 6 months.

Thank you UU I have the exact same thoughts on the NFL schedule. I really don't care nor should anyone. The first games are for 6 monthes.

On another note why did the NFL release the schedule last night? The NFL already has the ESPN news cycle with the draft. If anything the schedule gets hidden because we all know that ESPN slurps up any and everything related to the NFL

ESPN took over. Doogie was a temp until that took over. So the good news for the local listeners is that we have yet another generic sports talk show, so we have even less coverage with a local angle, and even more (and more) meaningless talk about how the NFL schedule will shake out in 6 months.

I choose to think that management reviewed Doogie's "failure to reign in penalties" and "five win maximum" statements and decided that there was no point in continuing the morning program!:D

Thanks for inquiring, or maybe you love Mike & Mike ... either way, we appreciate you listening. It was always a temporary thing. I'll help out occasionally throughout the summer, then will likely do some Gophers/Big Ten football related stuff on a regular basis come mid-August.
I have always felt that there are enough people that care to merit having a Saturday afternoon postgame show, and maybe even a Friday night preview show.

I've stopped listening too.

I really liked the program before M&M. now I either listento Dave Lee (UGH!) or I'll have to start listening to KQ. Dumb move by KSTP, if you ask me.

Seriously

You should try Sirius. That Dave Lee and KQ stuff will kill ya.

I really liked the program before M&M. now I either listento Dave Lee (UGH!) or I'll have to start listening to KQ. Dumb move by KSTP, if you ask me.

Please don't listen to Dave Lee. It only encourages him. :(

It's been well documented that I don't know nothin' about nothin', but I've got to assume that the little baseball club that's now situated on the west end of downtown has to be helping KSTP's new format. Playoff baseball and a nighttime stomping of the Ohio State Buckeyes is going to make things around here pretty sweet in October.

Doogie any chance KSTP can become the home

Of Golden Gopher Sports? Please tell me it could happen.

Of Golden Gopher Sports? Please tell me it could happen.

win and it will, loose and it will stay the same. How is is possible that you have not realized that the Twin Cities is a bandwagon market yet?

win and it will, loose and it will stay the same. How is is possible that you have not realized that the Twin Cities is a bandwagon market yet?
Pretty sure he's talking about KSTP obtaining the broadcast rights for hoops and football from WCCO, not the amount of coverage the team gets.

Please don't listen to Dave Lee. It only encourages him. :(

Dave Lee is a terrible play-by-play guy. Awful. But his morning show is actually quite good-always has been, IMO. Not really the place go if you mainly want sports, but they certainly give it a fair amount of time. The chats with Sid are great and often hillareous for unintended reasons. I'll miss that when he's gone.

Top Bottom